Industry : Other Industry
Department : Front of House
Location : Singapore, Singapore
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 22 Sep 2022
Job Role : Reservations Agent
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ69730
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-11-01
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22165401
Job Category Reservations
Location The Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore, Marina Bay, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Assists with the soliciting and managing of reservations sales-related opportunities. Manages and provides training and work assignments to Reservations Sales staff. Actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Responsible for driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Provides service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of the company.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
• Identifies new reservations sales business to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
• Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Conducting Daily Reservations Sales Activities
• Responds to incoming reservations sales opportunities for the property that are outside parameters of the .
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Assists with monitoring accuracy of reservation sales orders within tracking systems.
• Tracks no-show reservations and processes charges.
• Manages wait list and prioritizes order of wait list contacts to be made.
• Prepares work and maintenance orders.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Supports the company's service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty and satisfaction by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company's customer service standards and property's brand standards.
• Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Handles guest complaints and disputes following the instant pacification procedures.
• Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
• Creates contracts as required.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.