Industry : Other Industry
Department : General Management
Location : Avon, United States
Level : Management
Posted : 06 Aug 2022
Job Role : Hotel Manager
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ50600
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-04
Salary Range (monthly): USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22135620
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location The Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch, 0130 Daybreak Ridge, Avon, Colorado, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Functions as the strategic business leader of rooms operations and acts as General Manager in his/her absence. Manages luxury condominium facilities, including physical plant with attention to protection of the investment and plans to increase its value through superior care. Areas of responsibility include Front Office, , Retail/Gift Shops, Recreation/Fitness Center, Housekeeping and Security/Loss Prevention. Monitors the development and implementation of departmental strategies and verifies implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Verifies the rooms' operations meet the brand's target customer needs, verifies employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Identifies and corrects building and service defects while providing increase in value. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer and employees and provides a return on investment. Implements training programs related to property management reinforcing constant quality service.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Property Operations
• Works with Rooms management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand's business strategy and leads its execution.
• Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
• Evaluates if Operations Team is meeting service needs and provides feedback to operations team.
• Participates in public space walk-throughs with Engineering and Housekeeping to ensure guest rooms, public space and back of the house areas are well maintained and preventative maintenance processes are in place.
• Tours building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
• Reviews findings from comment cards and guest satisfaction results with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Manages luxury condominium facilities, including physical plant with attention to protection of the investment and plans to increase its value through superior care.
• Verifies the rooms' operations meet the brand's target customer needs, verifies employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
• Identifies and corrects building and service defects while providing increase in value.
• Implements high standards for all aspects of life safety, loss prevention, unit owner identity and privacy protection.
Leading Operations Teams
• Verifies employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participating in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
• Develops and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
• Implements training programs related to property management reinforcing constant quality service.
Managing Relationships with Property Stakeholders
• Attends owners meetings and provides meaning or context to the rooms operational and financial results.
• Establishes relationship with owner as a business partnership and supports the relationship between the General Manager and the owner.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
• Works with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establish ways to improve the departments' financial performance.
• Leads cost containment efforts within Rooms operations including organizational restructuring when necessary.
• Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeping Rooms leadership focused on the critical few to achieve results.
• Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand's target customer and employees and provides a return on investment.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms and Food and Beverage areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
• Champions the brand's service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the Rooms leadership teams.
• Verifies core elements of the service strategy are in place to produce the desired results.
• Establishes and maintaining open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire Rooms operations team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
• Interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
The salary range for this position is $ 65,794 to $ 116,236 annually. This position offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At more than 100 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.