Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Sales and Marketing-PR
Location : Kuala Lumpur/Malaysia
Level : Management
Posted : 13 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ75536
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-10
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22078489
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur, 2 Jalan Stesen Sentral, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We're looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION
Drive for conversion of Group, local catering and social business and ensuring that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. The position is responsible for achieving Group & catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue. The incumbent implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Market Opportunities & Driving Revenue
• Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on business
• Partners with pro-active counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g. Sales Office, Area Sales, EST) to
ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative
• Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and each
property's revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
• Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Understands the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends,
supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for property based on market conditions and individual property
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future
bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for
group/catering sales opportunities.
• Supports brand's Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering
service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes brand's Customer Service Standards and property's Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the business Customer Service Standards and property's Brand
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting
the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features
and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a
relationship and loyalty to the property and brand.
• Gains understanding of the property's primary target customer and service expectations;
serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer
better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., , Market Sales, Strategic
to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
• Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
• Conducts site inspections.
• Creates contracts as required.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal,
writing contract, customer correspondence).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.