Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Finance and Accounts
Location : Mississauga/Canada
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 13 May 2022
Job Role : Accountant
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ48636
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-10
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 16, 2022
Job Number 22077786
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Canada Regional Office, 2425 Mathewson Blvd. E Suite 100, Mississauga, ONT, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Provides total account management support for assigned accounts ~40 accounts in the Canada Market Sales organization, in an assigned geographic area. Supports accounts across industry segments (e.g.corporate, association, affinity, government etc.). Applies the principles of strategic account management and partners with key stakeholders including the Vice President Sales, Global Sales Organization and Sales & Marketing Planning & Support) to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from assigned accounts. Develops strong partnerships with buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for properties. Focuses specifically on growing market share from transient, group, extended stay business, and catering sales revenue. Facilitates group opportunities and special corporate pricing for outbound hotels at the request of the customer.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management.
• Lodging sales experience.
• Account management experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Provides total account management support for ~40 accounts in the Canada Market Sales organization, in an assigned geographic area.
• Develops and implements the overall account strategy for assigned accounts.
• Executes sales strategy to achieve goals of local market hotels while growing revenues for Marriott outside their market.
• Retains, expands and grows account revenue of existing accounts through total account penetration, margin management, and implementation of sales and marketing initiatives.
• Penetrates assigned accounts for group, transient, extended stay and catering sales business.
• Identifies and solicits new accounts in coordination with key Sales stakeholders.
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans. Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Conducts and coordinates site inspections for hotels, as required.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer, account and opportunity datavarious tools and systems. .
• Achieves account revenue and sales goals as defined by Market leadership.
• Develops and achieves operating budgets and manages controllable expenses.
• Leverages methodologies, technical and business knowledge across the market.
• Anticipates and identifies business opportunities and challenges and responds with a profitable strategy that aligns with overall business direction.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts (e.g., GM Reception, Concierge Level hospitality, etc).
• Leverages all available sales channels, (e.g., marriott.com, group and transient intermediaries, field sales, worldwide reservation offices, etc.), in an effort to optimize sales revenues.
• Applies the principles of strategic account management and partners with key Sales stakeholders (e.g., Vice President Sales) to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to grow market share from their assigned accounts.
• Focuses specifically on growing market share from transient, group, extended stay business, and catering sales revenue.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Maintains current business relationships for new business within accounts.
• Gains understanding of the hotel's primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solutions both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Collaborates and engages third parties that are sourced through the organization for their individual travel or group planning needs.
• Resolves guest issues that arise in the sales process.
• Brings issues to the attention of property leadership, as appropriate.
• Serves as the account's "local service guarantee" by establishing that outstanding service delivery is maintained at every customer touch point, issues are resolved timely and to the customers' 100% satisfaction.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, Familiarization (FAM) trips, trade shows, etc.
• Understands the overall market dynamics (e.g., competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell to assigned accounts. Acts as the customer's advocate through understanding account needs and opportunities. Identifies emerging business opportunities and risks within in assigned accounts and provides feedback to key stakeholders (e.g., Market Sales Leader etc.).
• Leverages appropriate corporate and market resources (e.g., market sales leadership, sales office leadership, property leadership) to establish account saturation, pull-through of account strategies and selling solutions at the local property level.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the hotel level.
• Develops strong partnerships with buyers for the purpose of penetrating and growing market share and driving sales for propertiess.
At Marriott, we are committed to putting our associates first and their health and safety are our highest priorities. This position requires associates to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 per current Public Health Agency of Canada standards or approved for a Human Rights accommodation.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Canada Regional Office takes seriously its obligations under provincial human rights and accessibility legislation (such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, the Accessibility for Manitobans Act, and Nova Scotia Accessibility Act). We are happy to provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email [email protected] and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.