Industry : Other Industry
Department : Sales and Marketing-PR
Location : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level : Management
Posted : 04 Aug 2022
Job Role : Asst. Sales Manager
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ58406
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-09-04
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 22134262
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers, 88 Dong Khoi Street, Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
The Sales Manager - (Japan Market) will bring strong business to the Hotel through sourcing, negotiating and winning Sales Accounts to generate effective revenue. The Sales Manager will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel's policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Anticipate guest's needs through observation and offer prompt, efficient service either personally or through effective communication with other associates.
2. Align working practices and conduct with Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Towers' Vision; consistently strive to meet and exceed the expectations of both internal and external guests.
3. Uphold the company's Cares culture by demonstrating the Star Service Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
4. Align management style, working practices and conduct with Sheraton Saigon Hotel & Tower's Vision, Corporate Values and policies. To comply with Sheraton's Code of Conduct at all times.
5. Completely understand, implement and ensure adherence to Local Labor Laws and Sheraton policies.
6. Be well versed and knowledgeable of Sheraton Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure associates are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
7. Undertake additional duties as requested by the Department Manager and Hotel Management.
8. Input all data in Sales system for appropriate lead management follow up and tracing.
9. Develop and implement Sales action plan to target key acquisitions and have agreed with DOSM.
10. Organize and report weekly sales call plan and weekly entertainment plan to DOSM.
11. Develop and maintain a series of research initiatives to identify and follow up new business opportunities for the hotel.
12. Establish a regular core pattern for meeting with principals of target markets and conduct site inspections within the Hotel to close business.
13. Identify opportunities for promotions with clients in all assigned market segments.
14. Plan and execute a series of familiarization tours for decision makers, convention organizers, meeting Planners, incentive operators, corporate travel planners and other industry personnel.
15. Ensure high profile established through participation in relevant industry associations. Sales Manager (Japan Market) Page 2 of 3 2020
16. Ensure a focus on all Hotel facilities including food and beverage, catering and additional products such as Health Club. 17. Develop and refine a comprehensive mailing list for the above mentioned and assist in developing and implementing direct mail campaigns.
18. Sign guests to Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
19. Maintain regular contact with the Marriott Sales offices where appropriate and submit and respond to sales leads within the Marriott network.
20. Learn to read the marketing worksheets with an understanding of the budget the Hotel is working towards achieving in all rooms market segments.
21. Ensure attendance at training, ensure you practice team spirit with new staff, orienting them as they arrive to the department.
22. Demonstrate working knowledge of all tasks within your area of responsibility.
23. Identify operational human resource requirements and report to the Department Head.
24. Monitor guest / clients' services and operational requirements in order to identify short falls in the operation.
25. Take part in all opportunities for quality team building.
26. Participate actively in the regular sales meetings to keep staff and management informed and to foster two-way communication.
27. Communicate leisure and corporate initiatives, with particular relevance to the Japanese market, to associates and provide market intelligence regarding the Japanese market to hotel management.
28. Involve management in aspects of decision making for your leads by participating actively in all meetings.
29. Display creativity and initiative.
30. Co-operate with other sections and departments.
31. Set joint objectives and goals with DOSM and DOS - Leisure and Corporate within appropriate time frames and measure performance against objectives.
32. Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation immediately as it occurs and notify staff of potential danger.
33. Ensure that all equipment is functioning and serviced regularly.
34. Encourage associates to notify any equipment or lighting failure immediately to expedite repairs / replacement.
35. Ensure associates to fill out a maintenance request form and send directly to Maintenance Section for all repairs and servicing.
36. Ensure staff recognize that the disabled and special needs guests are provided for.
37. Develop an awareness of, and appreciation for, the richness of the cultural diversity of your clients, staff and location.
38. Ensure all associates have a high level of product knowledge so they are able to explain service and facilities to client as required.
39. Develop an awareness of local service and facilities.
40. Identify opportunities for value added services to increase sales profitability and anticipate client needs.
41. Demonstrate effective selling techniques in promoting Marriott products and services.
42. Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
43. Ensure guest comments are recorded in guest history record and acted on when appropriate.
44. Ensure associates use the GEI Surveys in a constructive manner.
45. Assist DOS - Leisure and Corporate in preparing monthly outlook / forecast.
46. Implement cost saving methods for the department in line with corporate policy.
47. Negotiate contracts only with approved suppliers as per corporate management policy and procedures.
48. Actively participate in the preparation of the Strategic Business Plan. Sales Manager (Japan Market) Page 3 of 3 2020
49. Seek opportunities to continually improve client service.
50. Monitor all product and performance standards and ensure action is taken when standards are not being met.
51. Act on potential client complaints and report to appropriate personnel.
52. Compile daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
53. Analyze reports and make recommendations.
54. Ensure files, correspondence and other relevant business documentation are maintained.
55. Utilize computer applications to perform the tasks required.
• Deliver enthusiastic, positive, helpful and respectful client communication, ensuring precise and effective information transfer.
• Address client queries within 24 hours of initial contact.
• Ensure recovery calls are dealt with in an appropriate manner
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.