Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For School Based Traineeship-Culinary
Job Number 22202778
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, 161 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, NEW SOUTH WALES, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working within the exciting culinary operations team. This includes working across the buffet restaurant, in room dining kitchen, banquets kitchen, and pastry kitchen. You will be learning key skills that are fundamental to be a chef such as various cutting techniques, mise en place, working in a production kitchen and how to work as a part of a team.
The hotel caters for many corporate functions, weddings and events. Two days in the role are never the same which makes it super exciting!
Make a start on your hospitality career whilst you finish at school
- Work and get paid with our hotel 1 day per week (and 50% of school holidays) and school for the other 4 days over year 11 & 12
- You will be signed up with TAFE to complete the studies part and to gain your qualification
- The hotel will train you on the practical elements, putting your studies into real life situations
- Option to work for us on the weekend in paid work if you choose
You will be working towards a Cert II in kitchen operations whilst you are still at school. ABOUT YOU
• Armed with smart solutions and a can-do attitude
• willing and keen to learn
• Energized in a fast paced environment
• Passionate about making new friends and connections LET THE BENEFITS BEGIN
• Discounted accommodation and food and beverage at Marriott International worldwide
• Rewards and recognition program
• Training and development opportunities
• Discounted parking
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We've been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you're a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.