IT and Computers
Plantation, United States
Job Role :
Assistant Chief Engineer
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Senior Design Manager
Job Number 22132750
Job Category Global Design
Location CALA Regional Office, 1200 S. Pine Island Road, Plantation, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Manages design on projects, which include managed, franchised and company-owned hotels, to ensure quality control, brand compliance, operational acceptability and adherence.
- Manage services to scheduled deliverables.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Key Skills/Requirements:
- Supervise, direct, motivate and train assigned staff.
- Manage design consultants, their proposals, contracts and invoicing to project objectives.
- May manage proper organizational structure, staff selection, performance management, salary administration, career planning, and staff budget.
- Responsible for documenting, maintaining, administering and improving the processes for delivering services.
- Ensure the selection and development of building products relevant to the brand specifications.
- Coordinate Criteria/Facilities programs for assigned projects.
- Manage selling the brand and design and negotiation of project to the external customer.
- Provide information, interpretation and guidance daily to outside owners/franchisees as well as internal/design/construction staff for adapting brand standards to specific projects.
- Manage project communication to owners, franchisees, internal project stakeholders and disciplines.
- Participate in site visit/market survey to develop better understanding of site/market demands.
- Contribute to creation of the project budget and manage to that project budget.
- Knowledgeable about innovation & trends both in & outside of industry
- Strong business acumen
- Problem solving & creative solution skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Customer service skills
- Ability to negotiate and be flexible when appropriate
- Strong organizational skills
- Strategic thinking relative to the business
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, engineering and mechanical drawings
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, scheduling, project & database mgmt. software (e.g., Microsoft Project, AutoCad, Bluebeam, Adobe).
- 4-year degree in Architecture or related design discipline preferred
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in architecture at a design firm for large commercial or hospitality projects.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Architectural license preferred.
- Bi-literate in Spanish and Portuguese.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?