Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Senior Director of CEC Service Design
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22076578
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location CEC Headquarters, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Sr. Director
, Customer Engagement Centers (CEC) Service Design
is a key member of the CEC Planning & Deployment Services team and will serve as point of contact for efforts to activate CEC Strategic Priorities as well as Marriott's Enterprise Initiatives within the Customer Engagement Centers organization.
This position will provide support to strategic CEC initatives across various Knowledege Groups (e.g., Core Service, Specialty Teams, Luxury, Resort) and across Channels (e.g., Voice, Email, Chat) to continue to optimize and streamline CEC processes and increase operational performance and customer satisfaction. In addition this individual will focus on CEC's ability to activate strategic priorities and programs to continue to expand our products and services in the travel and hospitality industry. This role is responsible for:
- Partnering with CEC CoEs and Global Operations (across Core Service and Specialty Teams) and other Marriott stakeholders (e.g., Privacy, Loyalty, Ambassador) to develop contact center strategies and processes to allow associates to provide best-in-class customer service in a cost-effective manner.
- Collaborating with CEC Leadership team and other senior leaders across the organization to define, operationalize, design and implement new services and/or initiatives to realize the CEC strategy and broader enterprise initiatives, including Growth initiatives and major Enterprise Technology transformations (e.g., MGP).
- Representing customer engagement centers in key enterprise initiatives and partnerships (e.g., Uber, Eat Around Town) to represent the voice of the CEC customer and associates and ensuring detailed requirements and processes are designed and deployed to meet the objectives.
- Building and maintaining a project management culture and proficiency within the CEC
The Sr. Director will collaborate closely with the CEC Operations and CEC Workforce Optimization and Performance Management leads to design services that can be provided in an operationally efficient and cost effective manner and that support ongoing organization performance initiatives. Success in this role requires strong strategic thinking skills, exceptional attention to detail, a proven ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously, and a willingness to be tested on difficult projects and initiatives. CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major and 8+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance;
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Project and Strategy Leadership
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Expertise and proven track record in managing complex, multifunctional initiatives
- Experience in providing direction and performing responsibilities via influence ability (as opposed to line management authority)
- Proven success in introducing major change to complex organizations
- Experience in international business environments preferred
- Solid track record of advancing business direction and strategies
- PMP Certification preferred
- Manages cross-functional teams that proactively drives enhancements to the core services and specialty teams and aligns these with the desired customer experience, by identifying performance improvements and providing a structured approach to executing against these opportunities
- Partners closely with CEC Operations and CoE leads to design and execute key initiatives
- Liaises regularly with CEC leadership and corporate teams to align on potential opportunities
- Participates in cross-functional working teams comprised of senior discipline experts including, but not limited to, representatives from Enterprise Partnerships, iT, Digital, Loyalty Operations, Global Operations, Human Resources, Cards, Finance, Privacy/Legal, and Customer Experience to meet project objectives and goals on time and on budget
- Delivers presentations related to the strategic roadmap development, project execution/status, and management to senior leaders and other key stakeholders.
Leading and Managing Teams
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and direct reports
- Develops / coordinates development of high-quality deliverables and work products in support of the project
- Participates in review cycles at key milestones & provide perspectives to manager related to project management decisions
- Actively participates in strategy sessions, contributing materially to strategy development
- Develops and drive activation of complex implementation plans
- Establishes key milestones and approval roles and ensures timely delivery against milestones
- Develops baseline assessment work to inform prioritization of transformational projects across the CEC organization
- Designs and facilitates ideation / working sessions designed to drive innovation and collaboration across teams
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Building Relationships Customer Relationships
- Hires, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Creates a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation.
- Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports, and assists with their growth and development plans.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department.
- Shows an understanding of the needs of different customer/stakeholder segments and develops appropriate service strategies.
- Creates a service - oriented environment and empowers others to build strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder feedback and metrics to improve service delivery.
- Uses appropriate risk management resources when serious customer/stakeholder situations occur.
- Creates and coaches others on promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Champions the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Ensures processes are in place to address concerns related to equity and fair treatment.
- Brings together people with diverse backgrounds to drive innovation and engagement.
- Establishes diverse partnerships across the industry, profession, and Company.
- Champions the attraction, development, and retention of a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Ensures that all associates have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Implements programs that promote inclusion and engagement.
- Ensures strategies are in place to promote inclusion, enhance engagement, and maximize business results.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability Developing Others
- Builds strong working relationships across departments or teams.
- Models and coaches others on creating an open, trusting, and supportive work environment.
- Coaches others on how their behavior impacts coworkers and the work environment.
- Coaches direct reports to work together to set expectations for achieving shared goals.
- Creates and holds direct reports accountable for building an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Sets and models expectations for required behavior, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Provides ongoing feedback and customized coaching to others.
- Develops others by identifying needs and setting appropriate department, team, and individual goals.
- Conducts talent reviews across the business and develops succession plans for key leadership positions.
- Networks with high potential leaders and coaches others on targeted recruitment efforts.
- Uses available recruiting and hiring tools, brings together hiring teams, and makes hiring decisions.
- Supports successful on - boarding of new hires.
Leadership Communication and Professional Demeanor
- Continuously improves department, program, team, and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Puts systems and processes in place to manage department and program performance.
- Brings together the appropriate talent levels and mix of skill sets to drive innovation and performance.
- Establishes and ensures understanding of the scope of decision-making authority for team members.
- Models and holds direct reports accountable for using meetings and other forums to regularly communicate.
Leading Through Vision and Values
- Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver information in an articulate, understandable, and engaging way.
- Influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
- Models and coaches others on displaying a leadership style that conveys confidence and gains respect from others.
- Models, coaches, and holds others accountable for leading ethically and with a high degree of integrity.
- Promotes a convincing and inspiring vision for the direction of the Company, brand, and team.
- Models and holds departments and project teams accountable for developing and implementing programs that reflect the Company's core values.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Presents the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment and action.
- Encourages others to identify ways to implement desired changes.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Models flexibility and adjusts others' and own priorities when managing multiple demands.
- Manages stakeholder expectations during change.
- Develops strategies and provides resources to implement change.
- Takes steps to minimize the stress others feel when change occurs.
- Models and sets expectations for offering suggestions and solving complex problems.
- Uses data from different sources to evaluate alternatives, consider their potential impact, and make decisions.
- Involves key stakeholders to gain agreement and support before making high impact decisions.
- Makes key decisions and guides others to implement solutions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Company, brand, discipline, and program strategies.
- Uses data to thoroughly evaluate opportunities and focuses on those with the greatest potential business impact.
- Adapts global Company and brand strategies into plans that can be implemented within the business to maximize customer/stakeholder satisfaction and profitability.
- Uses data to build program strategies and make the business case for stakeholder commitment.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.