Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Senior Manager, Digital Product - O2O
Job Number 22010093
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Shanghai Operations, 9/F Tower B One ITC, Shanghai, Shanghai, China VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Reporting to the Director of Digital Products and Platforms, Asia Pacific, this role will contribute in our efforts to drive global growth and a localized and relevant experience for Chinese consumers through building Chinese digital products and platforms .
The role is responsible for:
CANDIDATE Education and Experience
- Support Product Owner in development of unique and innovative customer experiences of digital products / services through definition of business cases, use cases, requirements documentation and prioritization leveraging customer research and product insight.
- Defines and documents digital product use cases and business requirements
- Bridges technical, design, and business worlds to deliver the best digital experience to customers. Partners closely with Product Owner, designers, developers, and testers from planning through to launch of digital products and features.
- Supports Product owner to manage cross-functional product delivery and works closely with cross functional Business / IT disciplines to turn product vision from requirement into reality.
- Supports Product Owner by managing and maintaining one or more product features or platforms.
- Responsible for monitoring product development from ideation to launch, focusing on analyzing, positioning, and tailoring the product into what customers want.
- Assist Product Owner in refinement of Marriott APAC digital product vision and strategy. Assist, plan and execute measure to represent customer and business needs.
- Conducts ongoing competitor, market, and digital trends benchmarking and research
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Collaborate inter-company and with agencies and other vendor partners
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Business requirement analysis and Project management
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5-8 years experience in developing digital products related to platforms and digital marketing, ideally in a consulting capacity.
- Ability to document and communicate business cases and requirements in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Ability to convert business use cases into requirement documentation
- Led multiple successful product and feature launch, with experience from ideation to design and delivery
- Clear understanding & experience of how an online digital product is built. Ability to assess delivery risks and understand high level of effort for stories/tasks Deep understanding of China market, digital trends, and Chinese customer behavior.
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Self-motivated team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and can influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability
- Ability to influence without authority, collaborating with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done. Proficient interpersonal skills, personable yet persistent.
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, but within a large, complex business.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and satisfy Internet speed-to-market requirements
- Flourish in ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering them in a very fast-changing environment. Motivated by making life better through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Execute annual digital product strategy (new/upgrade/retire/replace) and product plan
- Shape product strategy into details requirements and communicate to corresponding stakeholders
- Lead agile teams to develop solutions to address meaningful business problems and opportunities, with the consideration of cross disciplines as well as guest pain points and requirements.
- Drive and perform design, development, and test activities ensuring digital products delivered on schedule, includes resource coordination and issues escalation management.
- Regularly communicate product status & work with other disciplines on the new product development or existing product improvement.
- Work with third party partners to assemble appropriate project teams for new and existing projects. Manage resource planning and escalations of third-party delivery members.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution - Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Communications and Media- Communications and Media-Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Internet/Intranet/Extranet Design- Internet/Intranet/Extranet Design-Knowledge of web and digital fundamentals, including web and digital design principles and approaches, the impact of various technical design choices, and their impact on the user experience.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Outline profile from most to least important. I usually do it in this order:
Years of experience
Core skills and experience needed
Soft skills needed
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?