London, United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Senior Manager Entity Reporting and Tax
Job Number 22164849
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Europe Office - London, Barnard's Inn 86 Fetter Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The primary responsibility of the Senior Manager, Entity Reporting and Tax is to coordinate and manage all aspects of the local accounting, finance, and income tax compliance for legal entities as defined by management. In addition to providing accounting, statutory local financial reporting requirements and key tax compliance activities, this role also involves dealing with tax audit requests and providing support and advice to the Corporate Research & Planning group, in conjunction with the Senior Director Entity Reporting and Tax on EMEA related projects. Countries will be assigned as defined by Management.
Responsibilities include coordination, preparation and filing of local financial statements and tax returns for entities incorporated and/or tax resident in the Continent. In addition, this position will be a key contributor in efforts to improve and create processes that ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial information for Marriott's subsidiaries. The Senior Manager works with independence, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing financial information as to support the subsidiaries. In addition, they will serve as a key point-of-contact for stakeholders across the organization.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
- Responsible for the Corporate and Statutory Accounting function for assigned entities, ensuring the books are in compliance with Local and US GAAP, and managing the team that assists in this function
- Ensures the completeness and accuracy of the Peoplesoft Financial systems for all entities under this role
- Engages, and manages the relationship with, outside advisors for Statutory audits and tax compliance and ensures appropriate documentation and any positions taken are discussed and agreement with management
- Prepares financial analysis as directed by the Continent's Finance Team
- Partners with various key stakeholders at HQ and within the continent as appropriate
- Provides MIP-66 certification (local books) of Marriott admin entities under their responsibility ensuring full reconciliation of the balance sheet.
- Oversees general administration accounting and day-to-day transactional processing
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Ensures polices and processes are control focused and are in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the Leadership Performance Accelerator (LPA) and holds staff accountable for successful performance; coaches' team by providing specific feedback to improve performance; conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with tax filing obligations including estimated payments and information returns
- Timely and accurate completion of all income tax accounting deliverables including, but not limited to, general ledger tax account reconciliations, US ASC 740 deferred reconciliations for both local and US GAAP book to tax differences, local financial statement provision analyses, return to provision analyses, separate company tax balance sheets and the maintenance and accurate application of withholding tax rates.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting responsibilities to Corporate Headquarters as provided in the Governance deliverables for Local Tax Returns/Tax Payments
- Assist with withholding tax issues and treaty clearance compliance
- Assist HQ and the Director of Tax to manage tax audits
- Work with HQ and Continent Office on tax related initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education or Certification
- 7 - 10 years' experience in Tax and Accounting
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations desirable
- Demonstration of broader finance and accounting skills outside of taxation
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to collect, analyze, and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft, Fidelio, Micros and additional systems used in the hotels preferred
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with external agencies, hotel management and associates
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- An ability to work unsupervised and manage time efficiently
Attributes, Knowledge and Skills
- Qualified Tax Accountant, Certified Public Accountancy certification and/or advanced degree in tax, or local country equivalent
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and prioritization skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines.
- Good business process skills; ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
- Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and promote a client service orientation that delivers customer results.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
- Must be able to able to work in English.
- French, Spanish or Italian language skills a plus, but not essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates on technical accounting and taxation issues.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure.
- Comfort with challenging status quo to improve effectiveness.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity.
- D emonstrates an independent ability to research and analyze transactions and balances within a complex accounting system structure.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by management
- Complies with Marriott International policies and procedures
- The position may involve travelling and overnight stays as appropriate to cover responsibilities
- Working hours are as required to do your job but normally not less than 40 hours per week. This may involve some weekend work.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?