Job Role :
Asst. Sales Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing
Posting Date May 10, 2022
Job Number 22014739
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The vision of Marriott Bonvoy is to be the world's favorite travel program. Through its unrivaled portfolio of 30 brand, award-winning travel program, and endless experiences, Marriott Bonvoy aims to engage members, earn their share of wallet, and deepen their loyalty. Much more than a loyalty program, Marriott Bonvoy is a vessel through which members can engage in the transformative power of travel.
The Senior Manager of Lifecycle Marketing is responsible for developing, managing and cross-channel activation of critical content, campaigns, and programs across the Loyalty Lifecycle, spanning every stage of the customer journey, each member tier and al channels. In partnership with stakeholders s/he will build marketing campaigns informed by data that engage members and non-members with the goal of driving customer lifetime value. This position requires a member-centric mindset and an understanding of the latest marketing insights and innovations to drive strategy forward.
The ideal candidate will be results-driven and highly organized, with the ability to make marketing and business decisions in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Lifecycle Marketing.
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Lifecycle Marketing
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration or Hospitality
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance. Hospitality or Loyalty Marketing preferred
- Strong foundation with CRM/customer marketing program measurement, including audience segmentation, digital/email performance management and ROI analysis
- Expertise in managing end to end marketing campaign development
- Experience developing marketing roadmap informed by data-driven decision making
- Knowledge of existing/new martech capabilities and ability to implement best practices in marketing
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- Develops and implements personalized campaigns and marketing tactics throughout the member Lifecycle stages from acquisition to enrollment, activation, growth, retention and reactivation
- Identifies most valuable customer segments and determines level of personalization based on available data
- Ensures new ideas and marketing programs will ladder up to defined outcomes and customer health
- Evaluates current communication touchpoints for ongoing optimizations including personalization, targeting, channel expansion
- Provides direction to creative agencies, through strategic merchandising request form and strategic briefing
- Implements creative, best in class marketing practices to engage members and differentiate Loyalty within the industry
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule
- Tailors and localizes Loyalty member communications to meet Continent needs
- Implements test and learn curriculum and scrutinizes campaign performance to optimize results
- Research industry and competitive marketplace for opportunities and improvements
Managing Responsibilities with Stakeholders
- Partners with broader Loyalty Program Marketing team to plug in to the member communications process and calendar, working with stakeholders on prioritization based on available capacity
- Concepts marketing plans and develops creative assets to support operational needs (e.g. helping with mobile app downloads through contextual placements in lifecycle campaigns)
- Interfaces with Continents, Brand, Marketing and eCommerce to develop and execute tactical marketing strategies and plans globally
- Consults with business partners across the global organization to effectively communicate to members through contextual messaging throughout their trip and member lifecycle
- Collaborates with cross-functional team including digital, personalization and channel teams to activate and leverage new martech capabilities
- Collaborate with the marketing and loyalty analytics team to set up a rigorous test and learn agenda with plans and routine reporting cadence for measurement and optimization
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization
- Key stakeholders include Multi-Channel Orchestration; Insights, Strategy, and Analytics; Digital; Integrated Experience; Loyalty Program Operations; Continent Marketing teams
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand across leadership levels
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution - Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Knowledge of internal systems (e.g. MGS, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint)
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.