Job Description For Senior Manager, Social Marketing, Premium & Select Brands
Job Number 22127243
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
The Senior Manager, Premium and Select Brand Social Marketing plays a key role in creating the strategy, establishing key performance indicators,
and executing social media and content marketing initiatives for Marriott Premium and Select Brands inclusive of brands ranging from distinctive (i.e.
Westin) to classic (i.e. Sheraton). The role will be a core member of the Content Marketing and Brand marketing teams driving strategy and
execution for social media, content, and digital marketing tactics to deliver against brand and content goals. In addition to other duties assigned, this
role will work with Brand, Portfolio and Loyalty teams to manage the strategy and execution of the comprehensive brand content ecosystem
consisting of dedicated brand websites, brand social media channels, influencer programs, Marriott.com and other Marriott digital touchpoints. This
role will need to be an innovator - supporting the brand's overarching strategies (i.e., engagement, awareness, etc.) on key platforms like Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and more. This role will also collaborate on the strategy and execution of digital advertising in partnership with
Display and Paid Social team - including social content publishing and paid amplification. This role will report to the Sr. Director Premium and Select
Social Marketing and partner closely with key members of brand marketing teams, Marriott's creative agency, public relations, digital product,
external agencies, key hotel stakeholders, and the field/continental organizations. The role will manage agency teams directly as required.
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- 8+ years of social media marketing, digital marketing, or content marketing experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern
- of exceptional performance
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Advertising, Business, or related major.
- Experience managing and defining transformational strategies for business units.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience with Social Media marketing, monitoring, management, content and advertising.
- Demonstrated experience with digital marketing and advertising execution.
- Demonstrated experience with social media influencer programs.
- Demonstrated experience with developing, launching, managing website and mobile projects.
- Demonstrated experience with digital campaign analytics and reporting.
- Solid understanding of social marketing trends and industry best practices.
- Solid understanding of mobile platforms, devices, and trends.
- Experience with paid search, SEO, and website measurement and analytics.
- Proven skill in working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., brand marketing, digital, international) in support of specific business priorities.
- Demonstrated experience and success in a highly matrixed cross functional organization.
Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
- Leading strategy and execution of holistic social, content and digital initiatives
- Craft strategy and prioritize, manage, support, and execute digital marketing strategy initiatives (brand website, social media, influencers, paid
- media, Marriott.com initiatives, field support) to support the assigned brands.
- Work autonomously to author and drive social/content/digital strategy for brand initiatives while also providing strategic guidance for regional
- and hotel-level initiatives - if applicable.
- Oversee and drive strategy and workflow of paid social campaigns supporting the digital brand strategy.
- Manage the social media agency of record and oversee strategic initiatives related to social and content strategy for the brands.
- Social and Content Strategy oversight and execution
- Provide direct oversight of brand website strategy and optimizations.
- Lead digital brand ecosystem work in partnership with Marriott.com product leads and Senior Director.
- Partner with digital product teams for brand positioning updates to brand websites.
- Work with agency and internal partners to deliver creative assets such as digital display, video, social media assets, paid search ads, emails,
- landing pages, on-site promotional placements.
- Oversee brand social media content creation, approval of editorial calendar, and influencer programs implemented by agency or in house.
- Oversee social media monitoring, advertising, promotions/contests and other activations implemented by agency or in house.
- Oversee the writing, brand voice and content for brand level social media and digital channels.
- Oversee agencies and/or social media writers for each brand.
- Oversee development of the Social Media Playbook for hotels/field/agencies and lead quarterly calls related to this content.
- Manage social/content/digital marketing budget.
- Partner with Measurement and Analytics team on digital dashboard creation, KPI definition and alignment, and regularly report out performance and learnings to key stakeholders and executive team.
- Consult and partner with stakeholders to provide expertise
- Consult with brand marketing leads on branded content (video series, brand films, etc) initiatives and in some cases lead them.
- Liaise with internal social media teams to collaborate on best practices and customer care integration.
- Develop strong relationships with Marriott subject matter experts and channel leaders, agencies, media and distribution partners to cost effectively maximize opportunities for the brand while ensuring high-quality on-strategy creative is delivered.
- Monitor and report out on industry best practices and competitive/landscape trends.
- Liase with internal and external PR teams to ensure tight integration and holistic campaigns.
- Create streamlined information for internal reports/audits/analysis of social marketing performance (including but not limited to Marriott.com, Brand Website, Social media, Paid Media, Search) and well as create compelling marketing and reporting presentations.
- Support and liaise with the field organization and other team members on digital/social marketing best practices to ensure digital strategy
- Work with the field organization and agency partners to ensure local level social media is implemented and on strategy, ongoing communication
- will be critical.
- Keep social marketing flowcharts/plans/budgets up to date.
- Handle additional projects / functions as assigned.
- Assist senior associates in achieving business results by:
- Identifying opportunities to enhance process
- Providing training and guidance to field
- Participating in annual planning sessions
- Achieving results within scope of responsibility.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Collaborates with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies
- Communicates concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business priorities.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution - Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and
- lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet
- browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve workrelated issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?