Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Finance and Accounts
Location : Bengaluru, India
Level : Management
Posted : 25 Jan 2023
Job Role : Revenue Manager
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ96239
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2023-02-25
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Number 23015133
Job Category Revenue Management
Location JW Marriott Bengaluru Prestige Golfshire Resort & Spa, Nandi Hills Road Karahalli Post, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
This position is responsible for the execution of revenue management processes and strategy that meet the company's mission and standards and focus on continuous improvement. Senior Revenue Manager, RMAS oversees and coordinates the revenue management functions (pricing, competitive assessments, etc.) and inventory strategy for Marriott Select Brand (MSB) hotels and Full Service Branded hotels.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years of experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years of experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Manages room authorizations, rates and restrictions.
• Analyzes competitive performance through the use of market share tools.
• Communicates and educates hotels on proper pricing, competitive positioning and restrictions and the impact that they may have on the hotels' revenue strategies.
• Develops and implements strategies with the General Manager that will maintain and/or increase the hotel's RevPAR.
• Utilizes Marriott's revenue management systems and tools to maximize revenue and profit for both transient and group segments.
• Conducts Sales Strategy meetings with General Manager and key property staff to educate and evaluate pricing and inventory strategies.
• Confirms that the hotel(s) sales strategies are effectively implemented in the inventory and pricing systems.
• Effectively communicates brand specific revenue management philosophies as they pertain to One Yield/Total Yield recommended strategies.
• Communicates brand philosophies to the property staff.
• Understands Revenue Management Advisory Services'- Americas initiatives and philosophies.
Providing Business and Technical Support
• Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
• Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by: utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes; establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others; allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups; and contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., following guidelines, etc.).
• Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
• Takes responsibility for own work as well as contributes to the team and departmental goals and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
• Performs other duties as appropriate.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.