Marriott International, Inc. is a global leading travel company based in Bethesda, Md., USA, with more than 6,000 properties in over 122 countries.
Industry : Other Industry
Department : Other Department
Location : Hong Kong/Hong Kong
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 12 May 2022
Job Role : Other Role
Recruiter : Marriott International
Job Ref : HOZ30968
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type :
Validate Through : 2022-06-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Posting Date May 12, 2022
Job Number 22078090
Job Category Human Resources
Location Asia/Pacif/Australia Region, Suite 1108 11th Floor Cityplaza One, Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott International, Inc.
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
This role supports all APAC Learning and Development (L+D) functions in project management, communications, administration, and logistics, including translation and validation of training resources. In addition, the role supports the planning, tracking, and reporting of training programs and the sustainment of various L+D platforms and initiatives. Finally, the role will provide light administrative assistance to the Vice President, APAC L+D.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and methodological, a strong communicator who can work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities. Working with stakeholders, including administrators, hotel associates, and vendors, is expected.
• Provide editorial and design support for projects and programs
• Assist in creating PPTs, Workbooks, Job-aids, and other learning materials
• Organize events for the APAC L&D department, such as quarterly meetings, engagement activities, and conferences
• Support logistics of events, meetings, and conferences
• Source and liaise with vendors and manage back-end approval, budgeting, and appointment
• Plan and coordinate translation and validation tasks to ensure timely delivery and consistency in standards
• Assist with the organization and facilitation of design sessions, focus groups, and pilots
• Provide project management support, including the development and management of project plans and status reporting
• Maintain APAC L+D's SharePoint site, ensuring that program materials and relevant assets are organized and updated
• Obtain and process data from various learning platforms, databases, and survey outcomes
• Upkeep of email distribution lists and other communications tools
• 1 year in similar role preferred
• A hospitality/operations background will be an added advantage
• Fluency in speaking and writing in English and Mandarin is required. Proficiency in additional languages such as Japanese and Korean would be an added advantage
Skills and Knowledge
• Strong computer skills required, advanced Excel skills, MS Project, MS Word & PowerPoint
• Strong English communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Have an eye for detail but also able to see big picture
• Self-starter with strong tendency toward pro-active process improvement
• Exceptional organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work, following through on commitments and enforcing compliance to set submission deadlines
• Proven track record in project management and experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-schedule and within budget close
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently, strong time management skills
• Adaptable to fast paced work environment with new and changing responsibilities
• Ability to work effectively and independently in a team environment.
• Effective conflict management skills and respecting a diverse, multi-cultural environment
• Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
• Able to work with ambiguity and flex to meet demanding timelines
• Able to understand interdependencies between technology, operations, and business needs
Education or Certification
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Business Management, or Hospitality preferred
PERFORMANCE CONTRIBUTIONS, COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS
- Builds strong working relationships
- Shares thoughts and feedback in a professional way
- Explains work in a way that encourages cooperation
- Helps others feel valued and included
- Works well with others regardless of their background or characteristics
- Models the company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Acts when others are treated unfairly or are not valued and respected of their unique skills
- Listens to and acknowledges different ideas and viewpoints
GENERATING TALENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL CAPABILITY
- Shows an understanding of how each role on the team contributes to the work.
- Shows an understanding of goals, processes, and reporting relationships within the department.
- Provides, seeks, and acts on constructive feedback.
- Shows an understanding of performance expectations.
- Works with manager to set and prioritize developmental goals.
LEARNING & APPLYING PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
- Sets own career goals and identifies areas for development.
- Uses available resources and challenging assignments to improve performance.
- Completes assigned training on time.
- Shows an understanding of how own work impacts property and department performance.
- Shows an understanding of the drivers of property and department performance.
- Identifies innovative ways to improve productivity and guest/associate satisfaction.
- Performs technical and complex tasks and solves problems within area of expertise.
- Model technical excellence and communicates the benefits of specific techniques in area of expertise.
- Uses appropriate facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Follows current policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
Building & Contributing to Teams
- Works with team members to meet shared goals.
- Shows an understanding of how the team contributes to broader success.
- Shares with team members information needed to accomplish work.
Driving for Results
- Takes responsibility for being innovative and delivering work that exceeds requirements.
- Learns from mistakes
- Participates in setting goals for the team or department
- Looks ahead and lets manager know about the possible challenges in completing work assignments
Planning & Organizing
- Keeps track of own current and future workload to makes sure everything is completed on time.
- Prioritizes own activities and adjusts when appropriate.
- Asks for and uses available resources to complete work.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.