Bethesda, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sr. Director, Infrastructure Delivery - CEC Platform Performance
Job Number 22194875
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Senior leader responsible for the seamless delivery of all technology services that ensure performance and stability of Customer Engagement Center (CEC) applications and services. This position will report to the VP, CEC Product and Site Services and will partner with product, infrastructure, engineering, and continent teams to enable stable and scalable technology environments and maximize our CEC teammates' ability to focus on providing outstanding customer experiences. This is an exciting opportunity for a leader to drive operational efficiency and customer delight with an amplified focus on enabling next gen operating models and technology landscapes.
Required Education and Experience
Required Capabilities & Attributes
- 10+ years of IT service operations experience with a minimum of 3 years as an ITSM Director and above at a Fortune 500 company with significant scale.
- 5+ years' experience working within the ITIL Frameworks and leading an ITSM tool and/or process team. ITIL Certification
- 5+ years working with third party service suppliers and ITO organizations - should include financial, SLA and service definition functions.
- 5+ years' experience providing services to large scale, multi-national footprints, preferably in customer facing industries
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience, education, and certification.
- Speaking knowledge of public cloud technologies and modern, emerging technology capabilities
- Proven ability to drive change through the delivery of cross matrixed organizations in Applications development, Infrastructure delivery, Property systems, Technology Operations Center, and third party providers.
- Ability to evaluate and communicate strategy, operational health, and incident action plans to executive leadership
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Experience in managing SLAs, OLAs and KPIs via service management tools
- A thorough understanding of the interdependence of systems and their impact to the business.
- Understanding of the quality assurance, risk management, and security considerations and their impact on overall technology environment.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and agile operating models.
- Strong process management and problem resolution skills.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in business systems and process planning.
- Knowledge of business environment, service requirements and hospitality culture.
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to understand and communicate the lifecycle of technologies and applications and to translate into business strategies for the client organizations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical ideas in easy-to-understand business terms.
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and leading in a managed service environment.
- Demonstrates strong executive presence and strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen - ability to construct business cases to secure strategic initiatives.
- Leads a cross matrix group of technology teams in the seamless delivery of services to our customers globally.
- Defines global operational strategies around the support of the CEC technology ecosystem.
- Identifies key performance indicators and service metrics. Drive the instrumentation of consistent data collection and the operating reviewal rhythms to ensure compliance.
- Identifies, constructs, and implements plans to remove friction in the day-to-day operation.
- Lead various operating forums with focus on performance toward goals, challenges, and associated remediation actions
- Deliver cohesive and comprehensive progress reports to Executive leadership.
- Construct strategic operational voice of customer ITSM strategy around processes and tools and map to business value.
- Builds and maintains an integrated score card that provides the appropriate governance for all IT teams, and that will contribute to client satisfaction.
- Promotes an automate first, lean process strategy in the delivery of services.
- Engages with cross-functional teams to prioritize and integrate process development and maturation, ensuring that the right talent is engaged and utilized at the appropriate level to achieve successful service delivery outcomes.
- Identify areas in Technology where processes can be improved, influence the leadership by defining the benefits and manage the end-to-end projects through implementation of the ITSM toolset
- Lead the culture of continuous improvement by identifying projects, initiatives & getting the customer or leadership engagement and deliver them
- Producing regular and accurate service management reports and dashboards for IT Delivery leadership team
- Define the service delivery expectations from professional services vendors & lead the governance around it
- Manage internal customer relationship with leaders across the technology organization
Leading Discipline Team
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and direct reports.
- Provides direction and assistance to other teams regarding projects. Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new plans or programs. Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of the teams' operations.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes or programs.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Champions leaders' vision for product and service delivery.
- Works with direct reports and peers to develop and implement strategies and goals. Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding goals to produce desired results.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep team moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to direct reports, peers, and leaders.
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an "open door policy" and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?