Bethesda, United States
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sr. Director of Mobile Product, Commerce, Capabilities, and Experiences
Job Number 22130645
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Marriott Mobile App team is seeking an experienced mobile product manager to lead experience definition, delivery and activation of Marriott's overall commerce capabilities and new product offerings for the Bonvoy Mobile App. As part of the overall Digital team, the Senor Director of Mobile Product, Commerce Capabilities and Experiences will play a key role in maturing Marriott's core mobile commerce experiences in support of advancing the Company's goal of becoming the world's favorite travel company.
In support of Marriott's overall mobile growth strategy, this role will partner with key product, design and engineering leaders across the organization to define, own and manage the mobile roadmap for mobile commerce. This will include ongoing enhancements to existing commerce experiences to drive core revenue and engagement, extensive focus on activating new capabilities in support of growth, and new experience definition and capabilities for non-room product revenue and expansion at Marriott. This role will lead a diverse set of cross-functional, agile product teams to activate against each aspect of the commerce roadmap and strategy across both iOS and Android.
The person in this role will be comfortable leading, making decisions and managing communication across the broader organization for all aspcts of the mobile roadmap that pertain to new commerce capabilities and experiences. An ideal candidate will be a true digital product leader who r elentlessly pushes to understand customer needs, is comfortable making data-driven decisions and is able to continually partner and prioritize in a complex and fast-paced environment. He/she will be able to navigate both strategic and tactical business, design and engineering challenges seamlessly and will serve as a key partner across the broader Marriott organization with a diverse set of internal stakeholders.
A successful candidate will bring a proven track record in leadership, mobile product management as well as demonstrated, successful delivery in an enterprise setting. Additionally, an ideal candidate will have an understanding of direct to consumer digital products, digital commerce trends, a global growth mindset, a collaborative team spirit, and a passion for delivering amazing mobile experiences that consumers love.
Education and Experience
- 10+ years of Digital Product and/or Digital Strategy experience; must have direct experience and fluency with the broader Consumer Mobile / Digital landscape and mobile platforms
- 7+ years of Product Management experience and in leading cross-functional product teams; portion of that experience leading or managing Mobile products across Android and/or iOS, ideally in the context of Digital Commerce and payments
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and collaborate effectively in a matrix-managed environment
- Entrepreneurial, startup attitude in a big company setting, self-starter who takes initiative in an ambiguous environment to generate momentum & positive business outcomes
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to interpret and translate data into key learnings and execution plans that drive business results
- Ability to understand and navigate complex technical discussions, architectures and solutions
- Customer-obsessed mindset that capitalizes on user data to make step-change experience improvements to platforms, products, and features
- Global mindset that balances global solution orientation with awareness, appreciation, and adaptability for local market & customer dynamics
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Core Actvities
- Product experience leading or managing apps and mobile web solutions within both large and small organizations
- Experience leading a product team in a scaled agile development environment, SAFe and variants
- Fluency with analytics platforms; familiar with Adobe Analytics / Omniture and mobile analytics to support data-driven product and feature measurement, performance, and iteration
- Ideal candidate will have international experience and proficiency in translating global solutions for local markets
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
- Collaborate with key partners across Global Digital to create alignment on roadmap for activating new commerce use cases, capabilities and entirely new product offerings in the mobile app experience
- Continuously scan customer trends and key developments in each region to adjust gowth strategy accordingly
- Develop business cases when needed for new capabilities products, features, and resources; and drive evaluation of new prospective partners globally
- Gather and detail product requirements and asks from global stakeholders and evaluate them in the context of the mobile app strategy and roadmap; evaluate technical complexity of requirements in order to appropriately prioritize work and manage expectations cross-functionally with stakeholders
- Continuously monitor and report on the efficacy and progress of mobile growth efforts in each region
- Advocate for the end user by developing a deep understanding of their needs through feedback and research
- Provide direction for the technology development, including cost estimation, budget management, scope and delivery strategy definition, and establish milestones/schedules where appropriate
- Partner with solution architects and software engineers to determine best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule for new capabilities.
- Work with other mobile product managers and leaders to clarify growth roadmap and strategic intent across regions; closely collaborate with project/scrum teams based upon roadmap(s). Meet regularly with the team(s) to gather work statuses, discuss obstacles, provide advice, guidance, encouragement, and constructive feedback to ensure deliverables are met timely.
- Collaborate across teams, and creatively solve problems to constructively balance priorities and overcome or remove blockers required to successfully deliver a new product or feature in a given region.
- Contribute to end user support artifacts/information/collateral development including feature/capability descriptions, end user business value stories, etc.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values -Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
- Managing Change -Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Strategy Execution - Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Developing Others - Supports the development of other's skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Business Process and Analysis - Knowledge of multiple processes within sponsor department; ability to document key process flows, recognize processes for redesign, identify opportunities and translate business processes into information system's needs. Ability to define quality measures and evaluate performance against standards and to identify issues, risks and possible paths of resolution or mitigation strategies.
- Technology - Ability to monitor and evaluate trends in technology, technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and tools. This includes the ability to redefine processes, make recommendations, and perfect process governance frameworks.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?