Finance and Accounts
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sr. Financial Analyst - Global Technology
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22073716
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As a member of the Finance Business Partner group for Global Technology (FBP GT), the Senior Financial Analyst will provide financial analysis to support initiative and ongoing expense management to the GT FBP Director enabling GT leadership to make business decisions that drive overall business results and create the most shareholder value. She/he will provide analytical support to GT staff, Finance Business Partners, HQ and Continent discipline leaders and other key stakeholders on monthly results, forecasts and budgets, key valuation issues for GT projects, programs and initiatives including: evaluation of potential new GT projects; analyzing cost and recovery objectives as reflected in budgets and long-range plans; providing return on investment analysis to assess GT business initiatives.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Key Talents and Experience
- Support finance and GT leaders to manage the financial performance of selected GT portfolio ("assigned portfolio"), including strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis, and expense allocation management
- Support GT in analyzing and managing GT support expenses, liaising with the appropriate finance partners & other stakeholders where appropriate and needed
- Support the development & enhancement of tools to manage and analyze forecasts and budgets.
- Provide recommendations to optimize ongoing performance and drive profitability.
- Work with the business and/or other internal groups to provide financial support and analysis of proposed projects or initiatives, developing an understanding of business needs and long-term impacts of project decisions to highlight potential risk for management review.
- Support return on investment analysis of GT projects & initiatives, ensuring the right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Focus on gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that provide actionable recommendations while highlighting risks and other qualitative and quantitative considerations.
- Help determine funding approaches and recommendations compliant with management and franchise agreements, and assist with recommendations and presentations for Program & Services Agreement Compliance (PSAC) Advisory Committee approval.
- Support the finance related activities for the development and implementation of new programs, services and initiatives in GT to include developing low to moderately complex activity-based cost models and recovery analysis.
- Engage relevant Global Finance groups to operationalize new programs, services and initiatives (e.g. new department set up, development of supplemental budgets, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Professional Certification
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience including complex data analysis and financial modeling or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of technical corporate finance concepts (NPV, IRR, cost of capital)
- Strong spreadsheet skills, word processing, and presentation software skills
- Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial information and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format)
- Strong accounting skills, particularly in analyzing financial statements
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment
- Strong desire to work on teams as the junior member is critical
- Exceptional communication skills, creating an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
- This position will be based at MI Corporate Headquarters
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.