Finance and Accounts
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Sr. Manager, Finance - Delivery
Posting Date May 13, 2022
Job Number 22076055
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? Y
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As a member of the Finance Business Partner group for Global Technology (FBP GT), the Senior Manager, Finance-Delivery will serve as the single finance business partner point of contact to select members of Delivery leaders in Marriott's GT team. This role provides a holistic financial view of financial performance across initiatives and ongoing support expenses across the applicable services and applications relevant to the GT leaders this senior manager supports.
The Senior Manager, Finance coordinates with and supports select stakeholders ("assigned portfolio"), including members of other finance teams, as well GT leaders in Product, Delivery, and discipline teams. She/he provides financial evaluation of GT projects, business cases, programs and initiatives, cost and recovery objectives, long-range planning, and day-to-day oversight of the financial health of the assigned application and service portfolios.
She/he must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, identifying profitable opportunities, anticipating challenges, devising, and executing breakthrough strategies/approaches to deliver against the current and future business priorities, and engaging and partnering with senior business leaders, thereby strengthening Marriott's competitive advantage through excellence in financial management.
- Partner with GT Delivery leaders to manage the financial performance of Marriott's GT portfolio, including strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, cost allocations, procurement, financial reporting, and analysis
- Monitor balance sheet for program & service recovery activity along with other potential financial risk, escalating concerns as necessary.
- Support the development/enhancement of tools to provide analyses on forecasts and budgets. Provide recommendations to optimize performance and drive profitability.
- Lead return on investment analysis in support of GT initiatives ensuring the right financial approaches and resources are brought to bear. Analysis focuses on gathering and synthesizing current state data, understanding, and modeling future state proposals, and developing presentations that compare data, highlight risks, and focuses on qualitative and quantitative issues.
- Develop an understanding of business needs and long-term impacts of project decisions to highlight potential risk for management review.
- Provide general ledger reports, queries, Mosaic project costs, and other data to successfully monitor and analyze project costs for assigned portfolio by utilizing cost monitoring tools and reporting and forecasting processes. Ensure that potential issues are identified early and inform project management leaders and/or escalate to VP as appropriate.
- Lead the finance related activities for the development and implementation of new programs, services, and initiatives to include developing moderately complex activity-based cost models and recovery analyses and analyses of funding approaches that are in compliance with management and franchise agreements.
- Engage relevant Global Finance groups to operationalize new programs, services, and initiatives (e.g., new department set up, development of supplemental budgets, etc.)
- Lead efforts to determine funding approaches/recommendations compliant with management and franchise agreements.
- Lead/support the development of recommendations and presentations for Program & Services Agreement Compliance (PSAC) Advisory Committee approval.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- CANDIDATE PROFILE
Key Talents and Experience
- Minimum of 6 years relevant work experience including complex data analysis and financial modeling
- Strong analytical skills with a solid understanding of technical corporate finance concepts (NPV, IRR, cost of capital)
- Strong spreadsheet skills, word processing, and presentation software skills
- Ability to organize and interpret complex, detailed financial information and present analytical results in manner appropriate for senior management decision-making (both orally and in writing, in memos or presentation format)
- Strong accounting skills, particularly in analyzing financial statements
- Understanding of Marriott's management and franchise contracts
- Ability to manage multiple projects, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment
- Exceptional communication skills, creating an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization
- Education and Professional Certification
- Baccalaureate degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline required
- MBA with a concentration in Finance/Accounting preferred
- This position will be based at MIHQ in Bethesda, MD
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.