Job Description For Vice President, Restaurants + Bars
Job Number 22132797
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
As a key member of the Global Operations and Continent Lodging Services team, the VP, Restaurants + Bars Global I US + Canada provides strategic overall food and beverage discipline expertise to Marriott's portfolio of brands in US and Canada in all areas of F+B, collaborating across disciplines in key areas like culinary, events and restaurant and bar design and operations, and providing elevated, specialized focus and support for luxury segment hotels. Delivering a deep focus on F&B strategy and operational innovation, this leader provides creativity, discipline expertise and connectivity to drive F&B relevance and performance while ensuring best practice sharing at the global level across the Continents, Brands, and Discipline.
The VP, Restaurants + Bars Global I US + Canada leads and collaborates with cross-functional project teams to shape new discipline and brand programs to continually improve programs, enhance the guest experience and drive results across US and Canada F+B operations, and globally. The position leverages market research, trends, and customer insights, to create exceptional, cutting-edge F+B programs and on-property experiences across and in support of Discipline, Continent and Brand endorsed projects. This leader will actively engage key owners and franchisees, global discipline, and operations leaders, as well as loyalty, sales and other areas of the business to support existing hotel operations, new builds and renovations, as well as cross discipline program design and sustainment. This resource will facilitate the design and execution of focused brand strategy and discipline strategy pull-through, as well as facilitate brand differentiation, superior guest experiences and operational excellence.
Key accountabilities include:
EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS Primary Focus of Responsibilities
- Leads brand and discipline program and design, development and sustainment for restaurant and bar across MSB / Premium / MILUX segments
- Influences and collaborates with hotel and regional leadership teams, as well as owners and franchisees, related to resources / tools, standards, and programs within Food & Beverage
- Acts as a liaison and resource for owners, General Managers and Global Design by participating in key kick-off and critical owner meetings as required
- Manages the relationship and the work of external consultants and reporting progress to internal stakeholders
- Stays abreast of current business processes and demands, and provides direction to change project course, and lead implementing approved changes as required
- Leads collaborative product and service development, design integrity standards, and lessons learned to continually elevate outcomes
- Leads the Global GLT restaurant and bar discipline collaboration, communicating strategies, initiatives, and global commitments, while sharing programs and best practices to influence work and outcomes across other continents
- Cross discipline / cross brand (MSB / FS / MILUX) / continent F+B program development + sustainment
- Collaborate and partner across Restaurant + Bar, Culinary + M+E disciplines
- Coordinate input across key leaders to advance brand and discipline programs and individual hotel projects
- Hands-on engagement in key halo openings within US + Canada
- Third-party R+B partnerships, engagement, and process management
- Manage central database of third-party partners and integrate with global F+B teams to share partners and learnings
- Manage third party process w/ Ownership / Legal / GAM, etc. by project
- Beverage program management and sustainment
- Development and sustainment of F+B tools / resources / materials
- Tracks project progress / coordinates + prepares documentation and presentation material for key stakeholder updates
- Ensures MGS materials continually updated
- Collaborating with Brand Leaders re: brand standards and updates as needed
- Third party vendor partnership coordination and sustainment
Managing Execution / Building Relationships
- Fuels a creative environment of Food & Beverage strategies inspiring stakeholders to drive topline sales, finding balance between revenue and economic health.
- Ensures revenue and guest satisfaction goals are met; provides tools and resources to assist in immediate action to remediate revenue or GSS/ESS shortfalls. Identifies and validates key opportunities to drive profitable growth.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting budget/resource requirements, preparing project and departmental budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Evaluates alternatives and makes judgments on a full range of business strategies. Proposes alternative solutions as appropriate.
- Collaborates with F&B discipline leads, above and on property stakeholders to cultivate strategies that deliver initiative adoption, pull-through and ongoing compliance.
- Drives regional and property leadership engagement through consistency and clarity in F+B / R+B deliverables, ongoing assessments of existing programs and support of new initiative rollouts in market.
- Provides consultation and guidance to the organization on unique and/or highly specialized discipline and business issues by applying a strong understanding of discipline program strategies.
- Identifies performance gaps or opportunities based on results-driven initiatives or industry trends, and partners with stakeholders to create strategies and seize new business opportunities.
- Conducts forward-thinking research to understand discipline trends and competition. Surfaces big ideas for business development on products and services cutting across all areas of F+B in the managed, franchised, full service and MSB space.
- Designs framework to maximize topline revenue / profitability / fees related to Food & Beverage.
- Creates forward thinking environment to challenge organizational norms and accepted thinking to drive success.
- Shifts restaurant and bar focus from transactional to experiential across the continent.
- Identifies F+B business trends (internal and external); establishes and executes business processes to address.
- Establishes processes that sustain growth across the continent in events, culinary and R+B.
- Research discipline trends and competition; surfaces big ideas. Conducts forward-thinking research to understand market needs and the skills needed to remain competitive in the products and services provided by Continent.
- Maintains strong and professional working relationship with stakeholders, including owners, brand, CLS and other GO
- Drives continent deployment and sustainment activities measurement for success to include initiative prioritization, resource allocation, initiatives/projects adoption and implementation.
- Leads delivery and sustainment of multiple, complex large-scale projects by applying business knowledge and balancing the priorities of relevant stakeholders.
- Provides effective oversight and coordination in integrating and rolling out systems and services to satisfy current and future business needs.
- Conducts systematic assessments to align development needs with continent priorities
- Leads and establishes core work processes that drive innovation, enhance brand differentiation, and enable speed to market in the areas of Food & Beverage.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Travel required, at times to remote locations. CANDIDATE PROFILE - KEY TALENTS AND EXPERIENCE DESIRED REQUIRED Education and Professional Certification
- 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major
- MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred
- At least ten years of solid program, and business management/leadership experience within the discipline or a related discipline; broad experience in Food + Beverage management and product and service development
- Broad experience in restaurant and bar operations, from concept and design development to ongoing operations.
- Ability to lead in a matrix organization; leverage matrixed resources.
- Possess excellent project management and change management skills, with a demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects and competing priorities. Strong business performance management abilities-understands, embraces, and manages to project planning and execution methodology
- Track record of putting in place strong systems and processes to effectively implement and execute multiple programs
- Strong knowledge of the competitive landscape and must be able to remain current with industry trends and connected in discipline-related forums.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills; able to collaborate effectively with Executive Committee Members, Regional Team Members, and Key Stakeholders. Ability to positively influences without direct authority.
- Ability to manage in a culturally diverse work environment and is a champion for diversity effectiveness in the organization.
- Experience guiding insight synthesis and identifying emerging opportunities based on a combination of industry analysis, company analysis, market analysis, stakeholder and subject matter expert input, and trend evaluation.
- Proven experience introducing and implementing cutting edge ideas; conception through final delivery.
- Strong influencing and problem resolution skills.
- Expertise and proven track record in managing complex, multifunctional initiatives
- Ability to persuade and influence others, including those at senior organizational levels
- Ability to quickly gain a clear and comprehensive understanding of discipline and brand strategies, priorities and initiatives and represent them to various constituencies across the organization
- Experience within Lodging or Hospitality industries, preferred.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?