2012 FORMULA 1™ ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX TICKETS GO ON SALE WORLD-WIDE
UAE CAPITAL GEARS UP TO HOST THE WORLD WITH EXPANDED PROGRAMME OF ON- AND OFF-TRACK ACTIVITY
Abu Dhabi, UAE; Saturday 24th March, 2012: UAE citizens and residents will again have the opportunity to take advantage of the 20 per cent early bird discount when tickets for the 2012 Formula 1Ô Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which runs November 2-4, go on sale globally tomorrow (Sunday, March 25).
It is anticipated that, now in its fourth year, the weekend will again host a sell-out crowd with 50,000 spectators gathering at Yas Marina Circuit to watch the excitement.
Importantly, this year will feature a significantly expanded programme of on-and-off track activities dovetailing a raft of city-wide entertainment.
“We work very hard to raise the bar every year,” said Richard Cregan, Chief Executive Officer, Yas Marina Circuit. “For 2012, we are offering new ticketing and entertainment options that allow spectators to customize their weekend experience based on their needs and interests.”
Race-goers are being offered a variety of seating and hospitality upgrades available for the first time, allowing them to tailor-make their race weekend experience – including Marina Club and South Club upgrades. On the corporate sales front, Yas Viceroy Hotel Private Suites & Terrace Tickets and Marina Grandstand Boxes are available again.
In addition to a new ticket structure released today, Yas Marina Circuit, the Grand Prix organiser, has teamed up with Etihad Airways, the award-winning national airline of the UAE, to deliver a series of all-inclusive flight, hotel and race weekend packages to entice regional and international motorsport fans and international leisure and entertainment seekers. Full details of these and all other available packages can be found at www.yasmarinacircuit.ae.
Beyond the on-track action, F1 ticket holders will be able to enjoy a wider entertainment programme in the Oasis areas behind the Grandstands, while the Yasalam after-race concerts of world class acts will once again draw F1 ticket holders to the neighbouring Yas Arena after the days’ on-track action. Previous Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekends have seen world-class acts such as Sir Paul McCartney, Beyoncé, Kings of Leon, Aerosmith, Britney Spears and Linkin Park perform to crowds in excess of 30,000 per night. With free concerts on the Corniche, celebration events taking place across the city, and plans under way for more exclusive F1 ticket-holder only entertainment, the Capital is gearing up once more for an action packed F1 week.
In another first for 2012, the popular Australian V8 Supercars series will be the official F1™ support race. Fans of this bumper-to-bumper series can buy select seating packages granting exclusive weekend access to the V8 Supercar pits and drivers. Marina Grandstand Boxes also provide access to the V8 Supercar pits and drivers.
Tickets are now available through a wide range of outlets, including selected Etihad Airways shops, Virgin Megastores across the UAE and GCC, the Yas Hotel and Yas Marina Circuit itself. They are also available from the 800 927 (YAS) call centre and from the website at www.yasmarinacircuit.ae.
2012 Ticket Categories
Tickets to the 2012 Formula 1TM Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix are available now across the following ticket categories:
- Grandstand (North, South, West, Marina): North, South, West, and Marina Grandstand tickets are priced at AED 1,875 for two days and AED 2,080 for three days. Two day tickets are now available at AED 1500 and three day tickets are available AED 1,665 until 31 May with the 20% early bird discount.
o Marina Club Upgrade: Available to three day Marina Grandstand ticket holders, the Marina Club Upgrade includes exclusive access to the Australian V8 Support Paddock with clear views of the pit lane and all the V8 Supercar action. Marina Club ticket holders will also enjoy reserved seating and access to a relaxing club lounge area with exclusive food and beverages outlets. Marina Club upgrades are priced at AED 2,600 and are not applicable for the 20% early bird discount.
o South Club Upgrade: Available to South Grandstand ticket holders, the South Club Upgrade includes reserved seating and access to a relaxing club lounge area with exclusive private food and beverages outlets. South Club upgrades are priced at AED 2,600 and are not applicable for the 20% early bird discount.
- Grandstand (Main): Offering prime views of the start/finish line, Main Grandstand tickets are priced at AED 2,200 for three-day ticket and are not applicable for the 20% early bird discount.
- Category 1 Tickets: Located within the Main, West and North Grandstands, Category 1 Al Jood and Al Dhiyafa three-day tickets offer both prime views of the start finish line and luxuries such as balcony seating, air-conditioned lounges, complementary food and beverage service, and complimentary parking. Category 1 three day tickets are available at AED 4,420 and are not applicable for the 20% early bird discount.
- Formula One Paddock Club™: Formula One Paddock Club tickets offer the full VIP experience including unrivalled views of the circuit, pit lanes and all the on-track action. Paddock Club ticket holders will also enjoy guided pit lane walks, VIP parking and gourmet open-bar hospitality including fine food and wine. Formula One Paddock Club three day tickets start at AED 16,900 per person and are the ideal for both corporate hosting and discerning F1 fans.
- Yas Viceroy Hotel Private Suites and Terrace Tickets: Yas Viceroy Hotel Private Suite and Terrace tickets allow fans to watch all of the excitement of the race from the luxurious surrounds of a Yas Viceroy Hotel private suite or open air terrace. Available to groups of 25 and 35 people for suite tickets, and groups of 50 to 100 guests for terrace tickets, these tickets allow fans to experience the sensation of the Formula 1™ cars passing directly underneath the hotel and are ideal for corporate hosting or large groups of friends.
- Marina Grandstand Boxes: Featuring some of the finest panoramic views of the on track action, the Yas Marina, private Marina Grandstand Boxes are located on the first floor of Marina Grandstand, and feature a dedicated balcony overlooking the track and access to the Australian V8 Supercar Pit Lane Walk. Grandstand Box ticket holders will enjoy a selection of canapés and beverages throughout each day and a pre-race gourmet three-course meal. Perfect for corporate hosting or large groups of friends, Grandstand Boxes can be booked for groups for 40 or tables of 10.
· Online: www.yasmarinacircuit.ae
· Call centre: 800 927 ( YAS) or +971 (0) 2 659 9800
· Selected Etihad Airways shops
· Virgin Megastores across the UAE and GCC
· Yas Hotel on Yas Island
· Yas Marina Circuit ticket stand in Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi
· Yas Marina Circuit ticket stand in Mall of the Emirates
· Formula One Paddock Club™, Yas Viceroy Hotel Private Suites and Terrace and Marina Grandstand Box tickets are available through the Yas Marina Circuit Corporate Sales Team on +971 (0) 2 659 9393 or email email@example.com.
About Yas Marina Circuit:
Yas Marina Circuit is probably one of the world's most iconic sporting venues. Located on Yas Island, the circuit debuted on October 30, 2009 with the final race of the FIA Formula One World Championship - the inaugural Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to a capacity crowd of around 50,000. Year round, Yas Marina Circuit hosts an extensive programme of leading international and national motorsport racing series as well as major entertainment events and corporate activities. Supplementary facilities include the Yas Drag Racing Centre, the Yas Racing School and the Yas Kartzone.