A Perennial Favourite: Four Seasons Hotels And Resorts Tops 2014 Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards List
Reader survey recognizes 39 Four Seasons properties with 61 awards, more than any other hotel brand
Toronto, Canada, August 2014: Each year, Travel + Leisure readers vote on their favourite hotels, resorts, spas, airlines, cruise lines, tour operators and more in the annual Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards survey. Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts continues to be a reader favourite: 39 properties received 61 awards in the 2014 World’s Best Awards, the most of any hotel brand.
Top honours include #1 Top City Hotel in Asia - Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong; #1 Top Large City Hotel in Europe - Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest; and #1 Top Hotel Spa Overall - The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris. Additional awards highlights include:
· Ten of the Top 50 Hotels Worldwide: Ten Four Seasons properties were included in the list of the Top 50 Hotels worldwide: Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest ranked #3, Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong ranked #11, Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet ranked #18, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka‘upulehu ranked #22, Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai ranked #27, Four Seasons Hotel Milano ranked #33, Four Seasons Hotel Mexico, DF ranked #38, Four Seasons Hotel Firenze ranked #44, Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea ranked #47 and Four Seasons Hotel Prague ranked #50.
· European Excellence: Three properties top the list of Top Large City Hotels, Europe with Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest ranked #1, Four Seasons Hotel Milano ranked #2 and Four Seasons Hotel Firenze ranked #3. In addition, Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet dominated the list of Top Small City Hotels in Europe.
· Hawaiian-Style Dominance: Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka‘upulehu received the Top Hotel & Resort in Hawaii honour for the second year in a row, with Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea ranked #2, followed by Four Seasons Resort Lanai, The Lodge at Koele ranked #4 and Four Seasons Resort Lanai at Manele Bay ranked #6.
· First-Class Spa Experiences: Seven Four Seasons spas were recognized with awards including: #1 Top Hotel Spa Overall - The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris; #1 Top Hotel Spa Canada - The Spa at Four Seasons Resort and Residences Whistler; and #1 Top Hotel Spa, Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific - The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora.
Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, located in the same city as Four Seasons global headquarters, was recognized for the first time, ranked #8 on the list of Top City Hotels, Canada. The property boasts a 30,000 square foot (2,790 square metre) state-of-the art Spa and restaurant Café Boulud, under the direction of Michelin-starred Chef Daniel Boulud. Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, which offers guests diverse dining experiences including Lung King Heen, helmed by Chan Yan Tak, the first Chinese chef to earn three Michelin stars, topped the list of City Hotels in Asia.
· The World’s Best Awards are featured in the August 2014 issue of Travel + Leisure and the complete list of winners is available online now. The Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards honour the hotels, destinations, and companies that define the very best in travel. For the 2014 World’s Best Awards readers’ survey methodology, click here.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. From elegant surroundings of the finest quality, to caring, highly personalized 24-hour service, Four Seasons embodies a true home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified in its employees - people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Founded in 1960, Four Seasons has followed a targeted course of expansion, opening hotels and residences in major city centres and desirable resort destinations around the world. With 92 properties in 38 countries, and more than 60 projects under development, Four Seasons continues to lead the hospitality industry with innovative enhancements, making business travel easier and leisure travel more rewarding. 2013 Accolades include 22 AAA Five Diamond Awards, 31 properties included on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List, 17 spas recognized on the Condé Nast Traveler Top Spas list, 32 U.S. News & World Report Gold and Silver Badge Winners, three Travel + Leisure Social Media in Travel and Tourism (SMITTY) Awards, including Best Hotel Chain, 16 properties included in Robb Report’s Top 100 Hotels list and six Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards. For more information on Four Seasons, visit http://press.fourseasons.com and follow on Twitter at @FourSeasonsPR