British Airways celebrates 30 years of helping nervous travellers take to the skies
The airline’s Flying with Confidence course returns to Dubai in October
UAE, September 18 2016: British Airways is celebrating 30 years of assisting nervous travellers conquer their fear of taking to the skies since it launched its Flying with Confidence course in 1986. To date, the course, which returns to Dubai this October, has helped more than 50,000 people and aims to expand its reach through further sessions held throughout the British Airways network.
Marking the third year in the emirate, British Airways will be hosting its next Flying with Confidence course on Saturday October 15 at The Capital Club. Led by pilot and trainer Captain Steve Allright, the day is designed to offer attendees the first significant step towards conquering their fear and possibly cure them completely.
“The fear of flying is more common than people may think and is often fuelled by misinformation about planes. By taking people step by step through the journey, not only can they gain confidence through knowledge, but they will learn how to handle their fear,” Captain Allright noted.
The full day course will cover all the technical aspects of flying as well as the psychology and physiology of fear. During the day, attendees will receive three hours of seminars with a British Airways pilot who will explain how an aircraft flies, pilot training, turbulence, security and much more. In addition, a senior manager from air traffic control and leading phobia counsellor will both be on hand to take people through their areas of expertise.
The course starts at 9:30am and concludes at 3pm, with the inclusion of an extensive lunch and refreshments throughout the day for the cost of AED1,499. Participants can book their place online at www.flyingwithconfidence.com. In addition to tackling their fear of flying, all course participants will qualify for a 10 per cent discount on any British Airways flight in any cabin class.
About the Flying with Confidence course:
· Around 25 per cent of people have at least some fear of flying, while about one in 10 people have a phobia of flying.
· The Flying with Confidence course has been running for over 28 years, and has helped over 50,000 people overcome their fear of flying at the end of 2015.
· The course has previously been held in the UK and USA, and is returning to the UAE for the fourth time on Saturday, 15 October 2016.
· The course is led by Captain Steve Allright, a current British Airways pilot for 25 years and counting, with more than 12,500 flying hours. Captain Allright is also a training captain, meaning he trains and checks other pilots.
· The course will comprise a three hour seminar with British Airways Captain Steve Allright explaining how an aircraft flies, pilot training, turbulence and much more.
· This course does not include a flight after the seminars.
· An accompanied flight can be arranged for a later date separately after the course.
· The full day course costs AED 1,499 and can be paid for online at www.flyingwithconfidence.com
· For more information on the Flying with Confidence course watch the British Airways YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEPeDhkrSzY