British Airways' 'Flying with Confidence' course returns
Fly with Confidence this March
UAE, January 26, 2015: British Airways’ popular Flying with Confidence course is returning to Dubai on Saturday March 14, 2015 at The Capital Club in DIFC.
The one day course, which by the end of 2015 will have helped more than 50,000 people overcome their flying phobias, will be hosted by British Airways Captain and course instructor, Steve Allright.
The course addresses a number of areas of concern including how an aircraft operates, turbulence and other technical aspects of flying. Participants will also receive advice from a specialised phobia counsellor that includes breathing and relaxation techniques. The Flying with Confidence course draws on the experience and expertise of the airline’s highly trained pilots and cabin crew who run the course.
“After speaking to participants during the two sessions in 2014, it seems that they find long-haul or transatlantic flights more difficult to handle than short-haul flights. With so many different nationalities living in the UAE, at some point most people are going to have to take a flight home or on holiday or for a business meeting and this is when anxiety can arise,” says Captain Allright.
Joumana was one of the first people to participate in the course in Dubai last year. “The day went really well and I was very excited to be attending the course. My next trip is to the US, with a break in London, of course, and I will think about what Steve said regarding turbulence – that it’s uncomfortable but not dangerous – and will try the breathing techniques too.”
Participants can book their place online at www.flyingwithconfidence.com. In addition to tackling their fear of flying, all course participants will qualify for a 10 per cent discount on any British Airways flight in any cabin class.
About the ‘Flying with Confidence’ Course:
· Around 25 per cent of people have at least some fear of flying, while about one in 10 people have a phobia of flying.
· The ‘Flying with Confidence’ course has been running for over 28 years, and will have helped over 50,000 people overcome their fear of flying by the end of 2015.
· The course has previously been held in the UK and USA, and is returning to the UAE for the third time on March 14, 2015.
· The course is led by Captain Steve Allright, a current British Airways pilot for 24 years and counting, with more than 11,000 flying hours. Captain Allright is also a training captain, meaning he trains and checks other pilots.
· The course will comprise a three hour seminar with British Airways Captain Steve Allright explaining how an aircraft flies, pilot training, turbulence and much more.
· This course does not include a flight after the seminars.
· An accompanied flight can be arranged for a later date separately after the course.
· The full day course costs AED 1,725 and can be paid for online at flyingwithconfidence.com.
· For more information on the Flying with Confidence course watch the British Airways YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEPeDhkrSzY
About British Airways:
- British Airways flies to 179 destinations, 9 destinations in the UK, 84 in Europe and 86 in the rest of the world.
- The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 40 million passengers around the world every year.
- The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
- The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
- British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
- British Airways is half way through a more than £5bn investment in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
- British Airways’ home Terminal 5 has been recognised as the world’s best terminal for the third consecutive year in the Skytrax awards.