British Airways Lounge refresh at Dubai International Airport now complete
Middle East customers to feel the benefits of customer investment program roll out
UAE, 25 April 2012 – As a part of British Airways’ investment of over £5 billion for customers, the airline’s Lounge refresh in Dubai International Airport’s Terminal 1 is now complete. The refurbishment allows premium customers and eligible Executive Club members to relax in even more comfort before their flight.
The refreshed Lounge has a modern yet comfortable feel which is complemented by ambient lighting, providing customers with a great environment to catch up on work or relax before their flight. There is also a new menu and improved food and beverage facilities.
Paolo De Renzis, Regional Commercial Manager, Middle East said: “The update to our Lounge at Dubai International Airport is just one of the many enhancements that our Middle Eastern customers will start to see as a result of our investment for customers. Our investment will make life more comfortable for customers both on the ground and in the sky.”
Over the next five years British Airways’ investment will result in smarter cabins, elegant lounges, and new technologies. The airline will also be refurbishing some of its longhaul Boeing 767 aircraft, and has taken delivery of six brand new Boeing 777-300 aircraft that feature new cabins in First, Club World (business class), World Traveller Plus (premium economy) and World Traveller (economy).
As a part of the airline’s £100 million investment into First, over 70% of the airline’s 747/777 long haul fleet has now been fitted with new First cabins. British Airways’ 747 and 777 aircraft operate on the majority of the airline’s Middle Eastern routes.
The refurbished aircraft will feature British Airways’ new state of the art Thales inflight entertainment system, featuring the latest Audio Video On Demand (AVOD) entertainment on personal video touch screens. The new system can offer customers over 700 hours of audio and video in-flight entertainment. This represents a 50 per cent increase in movies, a 200 per cent increase in TV programmes and over 200 per cent more audio offerings.
About British Airways:
· This year marks the airline’s 80th anniversary of flying to the Middle East.
· British Airways has a worldwide route network that covers more than 150 destinations in 75 countries.
· The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 36 million passengers around the world every year.
· The airline offers a choice of four cabins on majority of its longhaul services.
· The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
· British Airways operates from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
· Over the next five years British Airways will be investing more than £5bn in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges, and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
· In the summer 2012 schedule the airline will operate 61 weekly flights from eight GCC markets to London Heathrow