British Airways offers Saudi travellers a gateway to the northern hemisphere
Discounted fares available across all cabins
KSA, August 2012 – Discover the USA, Canada, and Europe, including London, with British Airways’ special discounted fares. See some of the world’s top events this summer in London, catch a Broadway show in New York or wander through the famed art galleries of Paris, all at reduced prices for those who book before 11 August 2012.
The fares are applicable for First, Club World (business class), World Traveller Plus (premium economy) and World Traveller (economy) and are valid for travel before 31 December 2012.
Paolo De Renzis, Regional Commercial Manager, Middle East, said: “British Airways’ extensive network offers passage to many of the world’s great cities through the main travel hub of London, while the extended travel period would be tempting for anyone considering travel in the next six months.
“The Middle East has a diverse population with people from all over the world making a home in the Gulf states. Most residents will travel at least once a year to visit loved ones and many find the Middle East’s central location perfect for discovering new destinations. Our sale fares open up new and familiar destinations for travellers,” he added.
London is a particularly popular destination for savvy shoppers who appreciate the selection of department stores such as Harrods and Harvey Nichols, the high-end boutiques of Bond Street and the atmosphere of Oxford Street. New York is also a top destination for shopping with the temptation of Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdale’s. With the travel period extended until the end of the year, schedule a trip to Europe’s famed Christmas markets or catch the season’s first dumping of snow in Canada.
Fares start from just SAR 2,716* in World Traveller, SAR 5,010* in World Traveller Plus, AED 11,940* in Club World and SAR 20,056* in First from KSA to London. To fly across the Atlantic to the USA will cost from SAR 4,517* in World Traveller, SAR 7,633* in World Traveller Plus, AED 13,585* in Club World and SAR 37,748* in First.
To Canada, fares start from SAR 4,517* in World Traveller, SAR 7,633* in World Traveller Plus, SAR 13,585 in Club World and SAR 37,748* in First. All fares are for return flights and include taxes, fees and surcharges.
A full timetable of British Airways' flights to London and beyond is available online at ba.com – where customers can find the lowest fares– and book, pay and check-in online for their flights.
*Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Visit www.ba.com for full offer details.
About British Airways:
· This year marks the airline’s 80th anniversary of flying to the Middle East.
· British Airways has a worldwide route network that covers more than 150 destinations in 75 countries.
· The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 36 million passengers around the world every year.
· The airline offers a choice of four cabins on majority of its longhaul services.
· The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
· British Airways operates from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
· Over the next five years British Airways will be investing more than £5bn in new aircraft, smarter cabins, elegant lounges, and new technologies to make life more comfortable in the air and on the ground.
· In the summer 2012 schedule the airline will operate 61 weekly flights from eight GCC markets to London Heathrow