British Airways offers students and teachers added benefits ahead of new school year
Flexible fares, additional baggage allowances and date change flexibility available with valid student or teacher ID
UAE, August 22 2016: British Airways is offering students and teachers travelling overseas for the new school term up to 10 per cent discount on advertised fares, one additional piece of checked baggage and flexibility on date changes to ticket bookings.
The benefits are currently available for all students and teachers flying in World Traveller with British Airways from the United Arab Emirates to the UK, Europe or North America when they book through a British Airways shop or selected travel agent. Travel agents who are eligible to sell British Airways’ student fares in the UAE are Etihad National Travel & Tourism, Nirvana Travel & Tourism LLC, Bin Moosa Travel LLC, Al Masaood Travel & Services, Asrar Travel & Tourism and Dunya Travel LLC in Abu Dhabi. In Dubai, FCM Travel, Airlink Travel, Dnata and SNTTA.
“Studying abroad is a once in a lifetime opportunity and our experience shows that students travelling abroad need to take a lot of extra baggage, particularly if they are on their maiden trip, but the worry of excess baggage can be a concern for them.” says Paolo De Renzis, Head of Middle East, Africa and Central Asia Sales for British Airways.
“If you are a teacher starting a new job, we will help make sure that you have enough allowance so that when you arrive in a new country, you will have everything in your suitcase to get the new academic year off to the best possible start.”
When purchasing a ticket and checking-in at the airport, students and teachers need to provide valid identification to take advantage of the travel offers.*
All flights from the UAE arrive at the airline’s home at London Heathrow Terminal 5. British Airways customers can enjoy stress-free onward connections to cities in the UK and Europe from Heathrow.
A full timetable of British Airways' flights to London and beyond is available online at ba.com, where students and teachers can find the lowest fares and book, pay and check-in online for their flights.
*This offer is for students and teachers holding a valid student or teacher ID/student visa or student offer letter. At airport check-in student/teacher must present their student/teacher ID/student visa or student offer letter. Failure to do so will mean that they are not able to use the ticket for travel and they will need to purchase a new ticket.
About British Airways:
· British Airways flies to 199 destinations, 10 destinations in the UK, 106 in Europe and 83 in the rest of the world.
· British Airways offers an extensive range of carefully selected hotels, car hire and experiences in a wide range of worldwide destinations available to book with flights from ba.com/holidays.
· The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 40 million passengers around the world every year.
· The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
· The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
· British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
· British Airways’ home Terminal 5 has been recognised as the world’s best terminal for the fourth consecutive year in the Skytrax awards.