Citymax Unveil Vibrant New Identity
Citymax Hotels take things to the maximum to meet the needs of the ‘millennial’ generation with a new visual identity and philosophy
Dubai, UAE 6 March 2016: Citymax Hotels, the hospitality division of the Landmark Group, today reveal the launch of its refreshed visual identity, together with a preview into its re-designed rooms. This exciting process has been inspired by and created to meet the needs of the modern informed traveller.
Bold, vibrant and full of life, the re-brand is a response to the changing audience profile Citymax has attracted over the last five years. The Dubai market has seen a marked increase in the Millennial and B-leisure travel sector, which expects brands to reflect their character and attitudes. To keep one step ahead, Citymax has refreshed and renewed its current look and feel to create a new visual identity based around the core philosophy of ‘Vibrant Simplicity’.
The new messaging is portrayed through a new logo and re-design of hotel rooms using bright oranges and blues, whilst incorporating the four Citymax brand pillars of ‘Driving Value’, ‘Elevated Comfort’, ‘Colorful Exuberance’ and ‘Delivering Smiles’. The design is also notable and unique in the marketplace as having been based on guest feedback and reviews, integrating new features from the most requested items on Trip Advisor.
Aside from the consistent delivery of comfort and convenience which is brought to life with striking colours and contemporary design, the new larger rooms feature a TV and media hub, handy ironing board, controlled room access with integrated lighting and AC as well as new modernized bathrooms with rain showers. Added extras such as pullout beds are included, meaning each room now accommodates 3-4 people, but is charged per room, not per head.
Russel Sharpe, COO of Citymax Hotels commented: “Citymax aims to be a pioneer within the hospitality industry. Travelers and tourists today are bored of the usual economy/mid-market offer and seek a brand with a more contemporary, forward-thinking philosophy that speaks to their interests and lifestyle. We hope that the new visual identity captures the imagination of tourists, providing an elevated level of comfort, convenience and efficiency in an engaging and delighting way. We are extremely excited to infuse the new identity across our up and coming properties and to listen to the feedback from our guests.”
The new visual identity will be featured in Citymax Hotels yet to open within the region; Ras Al Khaimah, Al Barsha and Business Bay. Set to open in the first quarter of 2017, ultimately doubling its current portfolio of hotels. The Visual identity will also be featured in its up and coming Alexandria property Egypt. The new properties will also feature offerings such as all day dining venues, banqueting facilities and refreshed restaurant concepts. The new visual identity will also be enrolled into City Citymax will showcase its new branding and rooms at the Arabian Travel Market 2016.
About Citymax and its Re-brand
• Citymax Hotels will reveal its new branding at the Arabian Travel Market on 25 April 2016
• The revised brand identity is portrayed mainly through a new vibrant logo and enhanced room design including many new features
• The new brand is a response to the changing audience Citymax has attracted over the past few years
• The new room features have been included in response to Trip advisor and guest feedback and include items such as pull-out bed, media hub, rain showers and ironing board
• The new branding is based around the core philosophy ‘Vibrant Simplicity’
• Vibrant Simplicity describes the offering at Citymax Hotels and its overall hospitality experience with engaging and full of life staff, attention to detail, bright enticing hotel rooms and the overall delightful service guests receive.
About Citymax Hotels
Citymax Hotels is part of the hospitality division of Landmark Group, with six hotels located in prime locations in Al Barsha, Business Bay, Bur Dubai, Sharjah and Ras Al Khaimah. The mid-market group of hotels is a much favoured and popular choice offering award-winning hospitality at extraordinary value.
As the largest of the three operational properties, Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai is located in the heart of Dubai’s historical district and offers 691 contemporary and comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi throughout. The hotel features an extensive dining portfolio consisting of a Lavazza coffee shop, City Cafe, Claypot, Sizzling Wok and The Huddle Sports Bar & Grill.
Situated next to the Mall of the Emirates, and close to Dubai Metro, Media City and the beautiful Jumeirah Beach, Citymax Hotels Al Barsha attracts a mix of both business and leisure to its 376 rooms. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout and has two bars; Maxx Music Bar & Grill and The Huddle Sports Bar & Grill as well as a Lavazza coffee shop and a City Cafe.
Located in close proximity to major shopping, industrial and cultural areas, Citymax Hotels Sharjah has 239 guest rooms and spacious meeting rooms. The hotel features a City Cafe and a Sizzling Wok.
Citymax Hotels Awards
· Pan Arab Strategic Awards 2016 - Strategic Website of the Year Award – Citymax Hotels
· Trip Advisor 2016 – Travellers Choice Award - Citymax Hotel Al Barsha
· World Travel Awards 2014 and 2015; Citymax Hotels - Middle East’s Leading Budget Hotel Brand
· Business Destinations Travel Awards 2015; Citymax Hotels Al Barsha - Best Budget Accommodation Provider Dubai
· MENA Travel Award 2014; Citymax Hotels - Best Price Value Hotel
· Tatweej Academy for Excellence Awards 2014; Citymax Hotels - Best Budget Hotel
· BBC Good Food Awards 2014; Best Indian Casual Dining – Claypot at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai
· BBC Good Food Award 2014; finalist – Sizzling Wok at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai
· TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2013; Top 10 - Citymax Hotels Al Barsha
· Ahlan Masala! Awards 2011 and 2014; nomination - Claypot at Citymax Hotels Bur Dubai
· TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award; Best Bargain Hotel in UAE 2011 - Citymax Hotels Al Barsha