Dubai Lounge Debut
Dubai Lounge Debut
Dubai, UAE, 24 February 2016: British Airways has today unveiled its prestigious new lounge at the newly built Concourse D in Dubai International Airport.
The airline’s new concept lounge features a special Concorde Bar for those flying in First.
The lounge has been designed to maximise space using architectural elements such as illuminated glass screens giving customers separate spaces to work, relax or dine, creating a calm and relaxing environment.
The new premium lounge has a large framed wall mirror that reflects the stunning feature lighting making a more spacious setting. Customers can also choose from a selection of hot and cold food as well as enjoy premium beverages at the Deli Bar.
Overlooking the airport’s retail atrium, the lounge has been finished to a very high quality, complete with black Nero marble surfaces and European oak flooring.
Within the lounge, the new Concorde Bar provides an exclusive area for First customers and their guests to relax and unwind in a private environment before boarding their flight.
Paolo De Renzis, Head of Middle East, Africa and Central Asia Sales for British Airways said, “Our premium customers flying from Dubai will be able to enjoy the airline’s newest lounge, featuring the exclusive luxury of the Concorde Bar for First customers.
“Our designers have created a contemporary and stylish space for Club World and First customers to relax, dine and refresh before boarding their flight to Heathrow.
“We have also ensured that, for the first time, every single customer has access to power and USB points throughout the new lounge to re-charge their personal electronic devices.”
The new lounge has been carefully designed to showcase the best of British design and architecture, offering a stylish, quiet and relaxing space for premium customers. It will also feature artwork from established Iraqi-born artist, Dia Al Azzawi, as well as Gulf heritage images from the British Airways archive.
The new Dubai lounge is home to the airline’s second Concorde Bar, the first of which opened late last year in Singapore.
First customers will be given a special entry card at reception for the private bar, which they simply swipe at an electronic reader to gain access. Inside, they will be able to choose from a selection of premium beverages before relaxing in the privacy of their own booth.
The lounge is open to British Airways' First and Club World (business class) customers as well as Silver and Gold Executive Club members.
Earlier this week, British Airways was announced as the top Consumer Superbrand for the third year in a row in the prestigious Superbrands UK awards, beating off competition from 1,600 rivals to take the top spot. The airline also won the Business Superbrand title for a second year in a row. This is the first time any company has ever won the double consequently.
British Airways’ first Concorde Bar opened in Singapore last year.
About British Airways:
· British Airways flies to 199 destinations, 10 destinations in the UK, 106 in Europe and 83 in the rest of the world.
· British Airways offers an extensive range of carefully selected hotels, car hire and experiences in a wide range of worldwide destinations available to book with flights from ba.com/holidays.
· The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 40 million passengers around the world every year.
· The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
· The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
· British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
· British Airways’ home Terminal 5 has been recognised as the world’s best terminal for the fourth consecutive year in the Skytrax awards.