Etihad travel mall debuts in dubai
Etihad travel mall debuts in dubai
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has unveiled the new Etihad Travel Mall, its flagship one-stop travel retail and check-in facility, in Dubai.
His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Dubai Aviation Authority and Emirates Group, officially opened the Etihad Travel Mall during a ribbon cutting ceremony hosted by James Hogan, Etihad Airways President and Chief Executive Officer.
The Etihad Travel Mall offers, under one roof, everything guests need to plan, book and travel with the airline.
Guests are able to purchase a ticket, check-in for a flight, drop off baggage and board an Etihad Express luxury coach bound for Abu Dhabi International Airport. After checking in at Etihad Travel Mall, guests may proceed to immigration and security on arrival at the airport.
The check-in and transport facilities replace the airline’s previous facilities at Chelsea Tower on Sheikh Zayed Road. The airline will continue to offer Etihad Express luxury coach service from its existing location at Dubai Marina Mall.
Three of the airline’s subsidiaries have facilities within the Etihad Travel Mall, making it a valuable resource for a range of travel needs:
· Etihad Holidays, the leisure holiday division, offers exclusive rates on hotels and fully-inclusive holiday packages to destinations across the airline’s global network;
· Hala Abu Dhabi, the destination management company, offers business and conference services as well as leisure arrangements for Abu Dhabi and the UAE for local and international visitors, including hotels, tours or tickets to events, such as concerts and the Formula1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix; and
· HTM (Hala Travel Management), a joint venture with BCD Travel, offers the full range of corporate travel management services and solutions for clients across government and private sectors.
Also opening soonat the Etihad Travel Mall will bea variety of retail shops, including:
· Relay, a newspaper, magazine, book and convenience store;
· Hertz, the leading rental car service and Preferred Partner of Etihad Airways;
· Arab Link, a money transfer and currency exchange service by Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank;
· jones the grocer, the gourmet food emporium and café.
Mr Hogan said: “Etihad Airways was established with the mandate to become the best airline in the world. Now, as we approach our 10-year anniversary, an expanded vision is emerging. Etihad Airways is set on a trajectory to go farther and to also become the world’s best travel company.
“We will continue to look at ways in which we can offer a more seamless, enjoyable experience for our guests and ultimately transform the expectations of air travellers.
“This new facility is a demonstration of our commitment to our guests within our home market, offering a more comprehensive service with a complete one-stop location for all of their travel needs.”
The Etihad Travel Mall will also serve as the base for the airline’s Dubai and northern emirates sales teams.
- Ends -
Photograph caption 1: His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Dubai Aviation Authority and Emirates Group, officially opened the Etihad Travel Mall during a ribbon cutting ceremony hosted by James Hogan, Etihad Airways President and Chief Executive Officer, and Hareb Almuhairy, Etihad Airways Vice President UAE.
Photograph caption 2: Etihad Travel Mall Dubai
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, began operations in 2003, and in 2012 carried 10.3 million passengers. From its hub at Abu Dhabi International Airport, Etihad Airways serves 88 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas, with a fleet of 73 Airbus and Boeing aircraft and over 90 aircraft on firm order, including 41 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners and 10 Airbus A380s, the world’s largest passenger aircraft. Etihad Airways also holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Seychelles, Virgin Australia and Aer Lingus. For more information, please visit: www.etihad.com