Faasai Resort Creates Thailand's First 'Ecotopia' Festival
Special package deals to enjoy the bounty of Thailand's southeast coastal region will be available at the Thai International Travel Fair, 24-27 February in Bangkok
BANGKOK, 21 February 2011 – The award-winning eco-resort Faasai Resort and Spa in Kung Wiman, Chanthaburi, on the southeast coast of Thailand, is hosting Thailand's first-ever 'Ecotopia' celebration, which will run from 24 February to 31 May.
Ecotopia is based on three concepts: ecological (living in harmony with nature), cornucopia (an abundance of fresh food from the land), and utopia (the perfect life). The three-month celebration will feature a range of activities on the themes of green travel, sustainable tourism, agri-tourism, eco-tourism and gourmet tourism.
During the festival, Faasai Resort will organize special packages and activities* such as visiting the local fishing fleet and going out with the squid boats, picking fruit in local orchards, harvesting fresh herbs and using them in Thai cooking, learning about growing organic food using the EM biodynamic natural farming method, planting rare trees to provide food and shelter for wildlife, watching birds and feeding fish at the White Water Lake private wetlands sanctuary, and kayaking through the mangroves at the Royal Marine Sanctuary at Kung Kraben.
The co-owner of Faasai Resort and Spa, Bronwen Evans says, "A big trend we are seeing with our guests is that they want participatory travel. They don't just want to see something, they want a rich experience and to be actively involved in interesting and useful activities. We are offering them that opportunity. They can pick fruit, plant a tree or rice, feed the fish and learn Thai cooking with fresh herbs, among many other activities."
The resort will be offering special promotions and packages for guests who book at the Thai International Travel Fair, 24-27 February, or online during the week of the fair. The fair is being held at the Queen Sirikit National Convention centre in Bangkok. Faasai Resort and Spa will be one of the showcase booths in the Thailand Boutique Awards zone.
In keeping with the rhythms of nature, different activities will be available at different times. For example kayaking through the mangroves is dependent on the seasonal tides and water levels. Trips with the squid boats are dependent on weather conditions. The fruit season starts fully in mid-May when the province of Chanthaburi will hold its annual fruit festival with entertainment and sales of local plants, flowers, crafts and seasonal fruit.
The special package deals will be available for one week to anyone who books through www.faasai.com under the name "Ecotopia."
Find out more about Ecotopia and the award-winning boutique garden resort Faasai Resort and Spa by visiting Booth 29 in the Thailand Boutique Award zone at the Thai International Travel Fair 2011. Or visit www.faasai.com. For more information email Bronwen at email@example.com.
** Special 'Ecotopia' Packages and Activities
· Visit the Kung Kraben marine sanctuary including mangrove boardwalk and aquarium and marine nursery (kayaking optional if water levels permit).
· Visit to White Water Lake private nature sanctuary with wetlands and natural springs. Bird watching or kayaking around the small lake, plus feeding fish in the lake and planting trees to provide habitat and food for the birds.
· Visit local fruit orchards growing Chanthaburi's famous tropical fruits such as mangosteen, rambutan and durian, including fruit tasting. This tour is available during the month of May.
· Thai cooking lesson including picking fresh Thai herbs in the Faasai gardens and a visit to a local fresh market.
Although Ecotopia packages will be available for just over three months to the end of May, special rates of up to 33% off will be available for one week only from February 24-March 3 to anyone who books through www.faasai.com under the name "Ecotopia."
Each Ecotopia special package includes two nights of accommodation and breakfast for two plus Ecotopia tour:
· Single room THB 1,900 (US$63)
· Standard room THB 2,900 (US$97)
· Superior room THB 3,100 (US$103)
Note: the package can be extended to include one extra person (this option is available to guests booking a bungalow or villa but not a single room) for an additional THB 200 (US$7) per night.
About Faasai Resort and Spa
Faasai Resort and Spa is a 14 room eco-resort at Nayaiyarm, Chanthaburi, Thailand about 200 kilometres southeast of Bangkok. The four-year old resort is owned and operated by a Thai-New Zealand couple, Surin Laopha and Bronwen Evans. It is nestled into a forest covered hill amidst three acres of tropical gardens, overlooking the mangrove-fringed Kung Kraben Bay. Faasai is a ten minute walk from Kung Wiman beach. www.faasai.com. Tel:(+66) 81 3426234. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards won by Faasai Resort and Spa
· Outstanding service to the environment and nature in the Eastern region – Thailand Boutique Awards 2010
· Best Small Hotel in Thailand – TAT Green Awards 2009. "The Green Awards are a symbol of TAT's thanks to outstanding quality and reliable tourism products offered by hoteliers and tour operators" - Joanna Cooke, Marketing Manager for TAT UK.
· Responsible Tourism award – Faasai Resort & Spa was runner-up in the budget category in the 2008 Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Awards. The judges awarded the resort a score of 96% for its sustainable practices.
About TTAA Thai International Travel Fair 2011
The Thai International Travel Fair is one of the top travel consumer shows in Southeast Asia with more than 800,000 people attending. Exhibitions will be held by travel agents, national tourism organizations, hotels and resorts, airlines and other travel organizations. Visit www.ttaa.or.th.