Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti Launches "Into The Heart Of Africa" Interactive Feature Online Site
Newly launched interactive site guides users on a virtual adventure exploring Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti
Serengeti, Tanzania, June 2014: Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti recently launched Into the Heart of Africa, an online immersive safari experience and tour on fourseasonsmagazine.com. The interactive site, the first to launch within the portfolio of Four Seasons, allows guests to explore the Lodge, game drives and natural world of the Serengeti National Park via captivating videos and engaging interactive user experiences.
Visitors to the site are guided through three different interactive components:
· Discover the Serengeti: Join Discovery Centre Manager Oli Dreike on an immersive video adventure through the Lodge’s Discovery Centre, the first lodge-based conservation research centre and museum in the Serengeti. Dreike guides guests through the Centre, as well as on bush walks and game drives, allowing users to discover the wilderness, wildlife, people and culture native to this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
· Join the Safari: There’s no better way to see the Serengeti than from high above. Venture on a hot air balloon safari through the 5,700 square miles (14,763 square kilometres) of the Serengeti National Park and bear witness to the primordial, animalistic drama that unfolds below.
· Explore the Lodge: Get an up-close and personal virtual tour of the land of The Lion King with dynamic short take videos and atmospheric footage of the Lodge. Guest experiences include sundowners at the infinity pool, private romantic dinners in the bush, the Lodge’s famed Boma Grill, purpose-built Spa, and the infamous infinity pool with elephants gathering at the watering hole below.
The online interactive site also offers users an educational experience with facts, figures and historical information to prepare guests for their upcoming safari. A “By the Numbers” look at Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti includes:
· 1: First Four Seasons property to open in Sub-Saharan Africa, with two more to come in Tanzania with the future development of a luxury tented Four Seasons safari camp in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and an exclusive Four Seasons beach resort on the island of Zanzibar
· 1.2 million: Number of wildebeest that make their way to the Maasai Mara in Kenya and back to the Serengeti during the Great Migration
· 5: Lodge’s offering of free standing villas, which include private access, private swimming pools and service quarters
· 70: Number of species of mammals living and lounging in Serengeti National Park
· 3000: Number of lions in the Serengeti ecosystem - one of the largest populations in Africa
· 30: Collection of animal skulls on display in the Discovery Centre
· 2 million: Estimated age of the Australopithecus boiseifossil skull that was discovered by the Leakeys at Olduvai Gorge in 1959
· 500,000: Number of migrating Thomson's gazelle who inhabit the Serengeti ecosystem
· 4: The hour for morning wake-up call to join a Hot Air Balloon Safari
· 200: Years since the Maasai first moved into the Serengeti area
· 24/7: Timing of the doctor on call at the Lodge, available for both guests and employees
· 300: Number of individual adult cheetah in the Serengeti, which guests can help identify in partnership with the Discovery Centre and Cheetah Watch Program researchers
· 3: Signature Spa treatments including the Kifaa Massage, a treatment that incorporates the use of a rungu – a wooden baton that represents the warrior status for the Maasai culture in East Africa
· 500: Types of birds within the UNESCO World Heritage Site
· 5,700: Square miles of the Serengeti National Park (14,763 square kilometres)
· 5: The big ones – lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros - all call Serengeti their home
Offering a taste of the Tanzania safari adventure, the “Into the Heart of Africa” virtual experience translates into reality once guests book their visit and embark on the adventure of a lifetime, mingling with elephants, giraffes, zebras, lions and more. Thanks to the Lodge’s prime location within Central Serengeti, guests are offered nearly year-round viewing opportunities of the Great Migration, the world’s largest terrestrial mammal migration. For reservations, contact US reservations at +1 800 819 5053+1 800 819 5053 or book online.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. From elegant surroundings of the finest quality, to caring, highly personalized 24-hour service, Four Seasons embodies a true home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified in its employees - people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Founded in 1960, Four Seasons has followed a targeted course of expansion, opening hotels and residences in major city centres and desirable resort destinations around the world. With 92 properties in 38 countries, and more than 60 projects under development, Four Seasons continues to lead the hospitality industry with innovative enhancements, making business travel easier and leisure travel more rewarding. 2013 Accolades include 22 AAA Five Diamond Awards, 31 properties included on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List, 17 spas recognized on the Condé Nast Traveler Top Spas list, 32 U.S. News & World Report Gold and Silver Badge Winners, three Travel + Leisure Social Media in Travel and Tourism (SMITTY) Awards, including Best Hotel Chain, 16 properties included in Robb Report’s Top 100 Hotels list and six Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards. For more information on Four Seasons, visit http://press.fourseasons.com and follow on Twitter at @FourSeasonsPR