Great Britain Continues to Lead World of Fashion
UAE Visitors Enthralled by Harrod’s Breathtaking Disney Princess-Inspired Designs
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Continuously at the forefront of the fashion world, Great Britain continues to attract fashionistas from the Gulf with its daring vogue and unremitting success in providing visitors a world-class shopping experience.
Britain is home to world renowned shopping venues that are known to combine haute fashion names under one roof, like none other than Harrod’s, located in London’s Knightsbridge, which houses all the luxury designer names and brands that Gulf visitors seek out while on holiday.
This festive season, the famous department store has brought Disney magic and dreams to life and unveiled an extravagant set of window displays showcasing ten stunning dresses created by world-leading designers which include Escada, Oscar de la Renta, Versace and Elie Saab – each based on their glamorous interpretations of the original Disney Princess dresses. Other designers are Valentino, Missoni, Marchesa, Jenny Packham and Roberto Cavalli.
“The Harrod’s display is sure to please fashionistas, families and UAE tourists alike,” said Carol Maddison, UAE Manager, VisitBritain. “London continues to take the fashion world by storm and this year was named fashion capital of the world for its second consecutive year - Gulf trendsetters will see just how the city earned this title and take part in the celebrations of fashion this holiday season.”
Other fashion fete taking place around the UK will prove that Britain’s world-class shopping experience has only gotten better, like the largest Burberry store’s recent opening on Regent Street. Spanning over three floors, the impressive space houses a VIP room for special consultations and an opportunity to design a personalized trench coat.
Once a shopper tries on an outfit, digital screens will show how the pieces were made and what they look like on the catwalk. The ultra‐modern high‐tech aspect is contrasted with a real focus on the heritage of the store ‐ which is an interesting building historically and architecturally ‐ and the brand which is quintessentially British.
UK fashion will make its mark on the small screen in 2012 as well with the upcoming and much anticipated TV drama Mr. Selfridge, about the life of the flamboyant and visionary American entrepreneur. Award winning actor Jeremy Piven, known for his role in Entourage, leads the cast as Harry Gordon Selfridge in the series produced by ITV STUDIOS.
· VisitBritain is Britain's national tourism agency, responsible for marketing Britain worldwide and developing Britain’s visitor economy. A non-departmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, we work in partnership with thousands of organisations in the UK and overseas ― the Government, the industry and our strategic partners in London, England, Scotland and Wales ― and seek to ensure that Britain is marketed appropriately around the world.
· Our priority is to deliver a four-year match funded global marketing programme, working with the private sector, which takes advantage of the unique opportunity of the Royal Wedding, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Games to showcase Britain and attract new visitors from the tourism growth markets of Asia and Latin America and to reinvigorate our appeal in core markets such as the USA, France and Germany. This campaign aims to attract four million extra visitors to Britain, who will spend an additional £2 billion over the four years.
· We also provide analysis and advice on the issues facing potential visitors, on Britain’s competitive position and the barriers to inbound tourism growth. This is in addition to providing research; market intelligence and analysis to inform the British tourism industry.
VisitBritainShop.com – buy before you fly
· The official shop of the British national tourist authority, VisitBritainShop.com has over 150 products on Britain including travel and transport, sightseeing tours and attraction tickets. A one-stop-shop enabling the planning and purchase of products before arrival, VisitBritainShop.com ensures customers spend their time in Britain enjoying it and not waiting in a queue.
· The VisitBritain shops are made up of 13 local-market websites giving customers the convenience of purchasing in their own currency and language. And with products and discounts exclusive to the international visitor and customer service support in 7 languages, planning a trip to Britain has never been easier.