Great Fares for a Great Year to Visit Britain
British Airways announces return economy class fares starting from AED2,600 and 20% off Radisson Edwardian Hotels
UAE, 7 March 2012: VisitBritain and British Airways with Radisson Edwardian Hotels are inviting travellers from the UAE to experience the Olympics and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2012, with new special return fares to London starting at only AED2,600 in World Traveller economy class and AED4,600 in World Traveller Plus, premium economy class. Radisson Edwardian hotels are enticing travelers with 20% discount off their hotel stay.
The fares are part of a global promotional campaign, “Great Britain, You’re Invited”, and must be booked by 31 March 2012. They are available for outbound travel from the UAE between 7 March and 10 June 2012. Seats are limited so customers are urged to book early to avoid disappointment at www.visitbritain.com/ae or www.ba.com/ae.
“There is no doubt that the UK will be buzzing during 2012 and this fare creates the perfect opportunity to take advantage and visit,’' said Paolo De Renzis, British Airways Regional Commercial Manager, Middle East. “There are very few destinations in the world that manage to pack in so many attractions and cultural influences into such a small place.”
Carol Maddison, Manager UAE, VisitBritain said, “There is no better time for the people of the UAE to experience all of the great things that Britain has to offer. These fantastic fares and hotel offers mean that not only can visitors enjoy the warmth and hospitality of British Airways while en route, but they will be able to come and explore all the magnificent cities and towns across the UK and take away lasting memories of their time in Britain.”
Linda Plant, Director of Marketing from Radisson Edwardian added, "We're really pleased to invite all travelers from the Middle East to enjoy the warmth and hospitality of London, with a wealth of history, heritage, culture, shopping and a series of unique events from the Queens Diamond Jubilee to the World of William Shakespeare it is a perfect time to come to London.”
This year is set to be one to remember for Britain with the hosting of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and a host of other festivals that will attract worldwide attention. Britain offers visitors a diverse choice of sights and entertainment. There is history and heritage, countryside, natural beauty, culture, fashion, sport and, not to forget, the world-class food and drink it has to offer.
Notes to editors
British Airways Terms and conditions
· Offer must be booked by midnight on 31 March 2012, and is available for outbound travel from Abu Dhabi or Dubai to London between 7 March and 10 June 2012.
· Limited seats available.
· Fares include taxes and other surcharges.
· Offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts.
· Other terms and conditions apply.
About British Airways
· British Airways has a worldwide route network that covers more than 150 destinations in 75 countries.
· In more than 90 years, the airline has carried more than 1.2 billion customers on its extensive network, and is recognised as one of the world’s elite carriers. It is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 36 million customers around the world every year.
· British Airways has been flying to the UAE for 80 years and currently operates 28 flights a week between London Heathrow and Abu Dhabi (7), and Dubai (21). British Airways operates from Terminal 5 and Terminal 3 at London Heathrow. The state-of-the-art Terminal 5 is capable of handling 30 million customers a year.
· For further information on British Airways, please visit ba.com.
About Radisson Edwardian Hotels
Part of the UK's fastest growing upscale hotel brand, Radisson Edwardian has a collection of 14 individual hotels in unparalleled locations across London, Guildford and Manchester. While each has its own unique character and independent spirit, all are renowned for a "Yes I Can!" spirit of service, supported by a "100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee".
With design that doesn't compromise on comfort, a commitment to intelligent technology - high-speed wireless is complimentary throughout - and chic restaurants and bars showcasing seasonal British ingredients, Radisson Edwardian offers a stylish, upscale experience at an affordable price. Radisson Edwardian is one of the UK's largest privately owned hotel groups.
Included in the group is The May Fair Hotel, Mayfair (an independent brand), plus a further 11 hotels in London; Radisson Edwardian Heathrow Hotel & Conference Centre, Radisson Edwardian Leicester Square & Radisson Edwardian Hampshire (Leicester Square), Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street & Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth (Bloomsbury), Radisson Edwardian Berkshire & Radisson Edwardian Sussex (Oxford Street), Radisson Edwardian Mercer Street (Covent Garden), Radisson Edwardian Grafton (Tottenham Court Road), Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt (Kensington), Radisson Edwardian New Providence Wharf (Docklands), the award winning Radisson Edwardian Manchester Free Trade Hall and The Radisson Edwardian Guildford Hotel.
For more information visit www.radissonedwardian.com or follow us on www.twitter.com/rad_ed_hotels or www.youtube.com/radissonedwardian or http://www.facebook.com/RadissonEdwardianHotels
About the “Great Britain, You’re Invited,” campaign
· “Great Britain, You’re Invited,” is a global campaign that is being rolled out in key cities across the globe. The campaign involves an investment of £100 million over the next four years in initiatives that promote Britain as a destination.
· British Airways is one of the lead partners in the campaign and the exclusive airline partner.