Gulf Visitors Find Affordable Ways to See Britain at its Best
London Visitor Charter Offers Tourists Fair Pricing Throughout 2012 Games
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Gulf visitors are finding affordable ways to see Britain at its best this summer, UAE tourism officials said.
And with a government mandate to keep things reasonably-priced, Gulf visitors have the option to stay in London or some of Great Britain’s other unique cities less than an hour away, such as Brighton, Cambridge and Oxford.
“Summer 2012 is shaping up to be one of Britain’s very best on record, with the London 2012 Olympics among the many, many activities set for enjoyment over the coming months,” said UAE Manager, Carol Maddison, of VisitBritain. “And the good news is that London and beyond are still very much accessible to Gulf visitors on any budget – from families through to luxury couples wanting to access Britain at its best this summer.”
National flag carriers and low-cost airlines offer value and convenience when getting to England. British Airways offers ‘Great’ fares from Dubai and Abu Dhabi coupled a variety of three-night stay packages with three-, four- and five-star accommodations. Gulf visitors that book between 24 and 27July on British Airways Club World business class to London and can stay at the Central Park Hotel in Hyde Park starting around AED15,499 per person.
Gulf visitors that book from 26-29 July in World Traveller economy class will find deals that include three nights at the 3 star Royal National Hotel from AED4977 and five-star Park Lane Hotel in Mayfair overlooking Green Park from AED6738 per person.
Additionally, booking a holiday between 30 July and 3 August in World Traveller Plus, premium economy will include staying at the four-star Rembrandt Hotel, including continental breakfast from AED9392 per person or AED7549 per person at the three-star Royal National Hotel. World Traveller economy cabin flights book during the same period can stay three-star Royal National Hotel from AED5408 per person or four-star K+K Hotel in Kensington from AED6792 per person. More details can be found on http://www.britishairways.com.
London 2012 will also offer the best-connected games in the history of the Olympic and Paralympic Games with ten rail/tube lines serving the Olympic Park, the Channel Tunnel Rail Link, which will provide a seven minute link between the Olympic Park and Central London and the extension of the East London line, all of which is already completed. In total, there will be 11 rail lines serving the Olympic Park. Each ticket for London 2012 Games includes free travel on public transport in London for the day of the event.
A new London Visitor Charter, which complements the Fair Pricing & Practice Charter in England, will see some of the biggest names in the capital’s tourism and leisure sectors, including The 02 Arena and Eurostar commit to fair pricing for visitors throughout the 2012 Games. Tourists can rest assured that they are getting value for their money during their stay in the capital.
Top 5 Tips for Saving in Britain 2012:
1. Save with BritRail Transit
BritRail gives visitors exceptional value for money and the flexibility to explore and travel by train within Britain. Visitors can pick up a BritRail pass for unlimited and flexible rail travel and enjoy discounts for families, groups, seniors, youth and off-season travel. Visit britrail.com for more information.
2. Oyster Cards and Visitor Transit Passes
In London, the Visitor Oyster Card is a “pay as you go” travel card that caps your daily costs at the cheapest price available. Families save even more: kids under 11 years old ride for free when travelling with an adult. The Visitor Oyster Card is valid on the Underground, buses, trams and the Dockland Light Railway (DLR) in London. Many other cities offer DaySaver tickets which allow unlimited travel for the day for as little as AED 18.
3. Tourist Boards Offer Recommendations and Discounts
Most cities in the United Kingdom have tourist boards which are partners of VisitBritain. For example, if visitors travel by train, VisitBath offers great 2 for 1 discounts including museum admissions, Thermae Bath Spa sessions, restaurant deals and comedy clubs. VisitBirmingham’s Ticket Factory offers discounted tickets for attractions, theatre, sporting events and concerts.
4. Tour Packages
Tour operators are now dishing out some fantastic deals across the pond. For less than AED 500 per day (including hotel stays, 7 full breakfasts and 3 three-course dinners), Trafalgar Tours gives travellers a taste of the past with their England and Scotland Heritage 2012 tour. Go beyond Buckingham Palace and dig deeper into Britain's history. Explore medieval walled cities, take in the scenery that inspired Wordsworth's poetry and see visit the ornate York Minster, among other attractions. Brendan Vacations offers Britain-bound tourists a 9-day package for less than AED 5,000. This includes 11 meals, hotel accommodations, luxury motorcoach travel, airport shuttles and local guides. Or once you arrive, for a bit of guidance around town, join a free walking tour by Sandeman’s New Europe, which offer daily tours in Edinburgh and London.
5. VAT Refunds for Visitors to the UK
In the United Kingdom, a 20 per cent Value Added Tax (VAT) is charged on many goods and services. As a visitor however, you qualify for a VAT refund if you: live outside the European Union (EU) and leave the UK for a destination outside the EU with the goods you bought within three months of purchase. Just show customs officials the goods, your receipts and a completed VAT refund document when you leave the EU. Keep more cash in your pocket and get a VAT refund for most things on which you pay VAT in the UK!
- ENDS –
· VisitBritain is Britain's national tourism agency, responsible for marketing Britain worldwide and developing Britain’s visitor economy. A non-departmental public body, funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, we work in partnership with thousands of organisations in the UK and overseas ― the Government, the industry and our strategic partners in London, England, Scotland and Wales ― and seek to ensure that Britain is marketed appropriately around the world.
· Our priority is to deliver a four-year match funded global marketing programme, working with the private sector, which takes advantage of the unique opportunity of the Royal Wedding, the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Games to showcase Britain and attract new visitors from the tourism growth markets of Asia and Latin America and to reinvigorate our appeal in core markets such as the USA, France and Germany. This campaign aims to attract four million extra visitors to Britain, who will spend an additional £2 billion over the four years.
· We also provide analysis and advice on the issues facing potential visitors, on Britain’s competitive position and the barriers to inbound tourism growth. This is in addition to providing research; market intelligence and analysis to inform the British tourism industry.
· The Visit Britain Shop is the one stop shop for all British attractions, events, shows, travel and transport – all the essentials for a fantastic vacation to Britain, helping our customers plan their travel in advance. Visit www.visitbritainshop.com to save precious time from having to wait in long lines and money.
VisitBritainShop.com – buy before you fly
· The official shop of the British national tourist authority, VisitBritainShop.com has over 150 products on Britain including travel and transport, sightseeing tours and attraction tickets. A one-stop-shop enabling the planning and purchase of products before arrival, VisitBritainShop.com ensures customers spend their time in Britain enjoying it and not waiting in a queue.
· The VisitBritain shops are made up of 13 local-market websites giving customers the convenience of purchasing in their own currency and language. And with products and discounts exclusive to the international visitor and customer service support in 7 languages, planning a trip to Britain has never been easier.
For more information pls visit:- http://www.visitbritainshop.com/usa/home.html