Hilton Worldwide Announces 2012 CEO Light & Warmth Award Winners
Twelve Selected to Receive the Pinnacle Award for Team Members
McLEAN, Va., January 30, 2013 – Hilton Worldwide has announced that twelve of its Team Members have received the 2012 CEO Light & Warmth Award, the company’s highest honor. This award was established to recognize exceptional Team Members who embody Hilton Worldwide’s Values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now.
Evangelos Hilton Abu Dhabi 2013
The finalists were nominated by their colleagues and selected from more than 1,000 nominations by a committee of Team Members from across the company. Then the twelve winners were chosen from the group of finalists by Hilton Worldwide President & CEO Christopher J. Nassetta.
“At Hilton Worldwide we firmly believe in recognizing and celebrating our Team Members for their hard work and commitment to our guests,” said Nassetta. “The recipients of this award have shown exceptional dedication through outstanding acts of generosity and selfless service, and they are an inspiration for us all.”
The 2012 CEO Light & Warmth Award winners are:
· Pedro Amorim – Assistant F&B Manager, Hilton Orlando
· Henrietta Clanton – Dishwasher, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Collinsville - St. Louis
· Tom Dempsey – General Manager, Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis South I-55
· Evangelos Karakoulias – Environment, Health, Safety & Hygiene Manager, Hilton Abu Dhabi
· Cho Sang Keun – Supervisor, Millennium Seoul Hilton
· Willie Lewis – Houseman/Laundry, DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
· Annette Mayerl – Human Resources Officer, Hilton Croydon
· Molly Mooney – Guest Service Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
· Pete Rudewicz – Sr. Director, Focused Service Brands, Architecture & Construction, Memphis Brands & Commercial Services Center
· Rick Sample – Chief Engineer, Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport
· Lisa Sherriff – Assistant Manager – Hilton Lake Taupo
· Vasile “Billy” Tuturici – Housekeeping Supervisor, Waldorf Astoria New York
All of the approximately 300,000 Team Members working at Hilton Worldwide’s owned, managed and franchised properties and corporate offices around the globe are eligible to receive this award. Nominations are now being accepted for 2013.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For 93 years, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. The company is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Its brands are comprised of more than 3,900 hotels and timeshare properties, with 650,000 rooms in 90 countries and territories and include Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®. Visit www.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at www.facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, www.twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, www.youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, www.flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and www.linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.