How to Arrive 'Festival Ready' with Tips from Poppy Delevingne
How to Arrive 'Festival Ready' with Tips from Poppy Delevingne
UAE, 17 April 2016: For the thousands of British Airways customers travelling to festivals this summer, the airline has teamed up with model and designer Poppy Delevingne to compile a list of must-pack items. Kicking-off with Coachella in California (15-24 April), Poppy has selected her essential items to pack, ranging from her favourite summer wear to luxurious beauty products.
Dust off your Hunter wellington boots and get your summer hat ready – festival season is here!
Poppy said, “I’m over the moon to be at Coachella. As a keen festival goer, I've honed the fine art of packing. I no longer just shove things in a bag but consider what is needed. It includes practical items, things that make me giggle, long-lasting beauty products that are truly worth the investment and a sparkle of luxury.”
Poppy’s top items to pack for festivals this summer, are:
· Ray-Ban Round Metal G-15 sunglasses – embrace your inner 70's chick with these beauties; essential for sunshiny days.
· Chloe ‘Drew small suede and leather shoulder bag’ – I love Chloe’s signature bag, which has been given a rainbow makeover for summer. Crossbody bags are so practical & are a dreamy solution for surviving a festival in style.
· Sisley Super Soin Solaire Milky Body Mist SPF30 – it’s vital to look after your skin and to invest in good sun protection. I’m in love with Sisley’s range, which is tinted to give that holiday hue, even when you’ve just stepped off a plane.
· Star flats by Aquazzura – another one of my collaborations, perfect to achieve that ‘festival chic’ look. You could dance until the sun comes up in these!
· Jo Malone, Tuberose Angelica – my favourite scent least of all because it’s long lasting for those long festival days. Better still, you'll smell like a rose garden and Jo Malone is stocked at London Heathrow’s T5 so you can pick it up on your travels.
The airline has also compiled some of the most popular global festivals that customers will be travelling to this summer.
Coachella – California, USA (15-24 April)
Attracting glitterati from around the world, Coachella in sun-kissed California features a wide genre of music with, Guns N’ Roses headlining this year!
Getting there: British Airways offers flights from the UAE to Los Angeles via London Heathrow with return prices starting from as little as *AED 3415 until 26 April 2016 with travel valid until 30 November 2016. British Airways operates twice daily flights to Los Angeles from London Heathrow.
Opening Parties – Ibiza, Spain (Late May)
The doors to the White Island fling open in May with opening parties at Ushuaia (May 28), Space (May 29), and Pacha (May 30) starting the season off. There’s also the annual Radio One Weekend Ibiza (August 5- 7) to look forward to. This party island demands glamour and stamina in equal measures.
Getting there: British Airways offers flights from the UAE to Ibiza via London Heathrow with return prices starting from as little as *AED 2195 until 26 April 2016 with travel valid until 30 November 2016. British Airways operates flights to Ibiza from London City, Gatwick, Heathrow, and Stansted.
Hideout – Novalja, Croatia (26-30 June)
Think Beach-vibe meets boat-party on the idyllic island of Pag. One of Europe’s top festivals, Hideout is always a hit with a Euro mix crowd and electronic music.
Getting there: British Airways offers flights from the UAE to Croatia via London Heathrow with return prices starting from as little as *AED 2215 until 26 April 2016 with travel valid until 30 November 2016. British Airways operates flights to Split four times a week from London Heathrow.
Rosklide Festival – Denmark (29 June- 2 July)
Be ready to rock out with Neil Young and his band, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and New Order at the biggest rock festival in the world.
Getting there: British Airways offers flights from the UAE to Denmark via London Heathrow with return prices starting from as little as *AED 2235 valid for sale until 26 April 2016 for travel until 30 November 2016. British Airways operates flights six times a day to Copenhagen from London Heathrow.
T in the Park – Perthshire, Scotland (8-10 July)
You never know if it will rain or shine so be sure to pack a mix of outfits. This year’s headliners include The Stone Roses and Calvin Harris.
Getting there: British Airways offers flights from the UAE to Scotland via London Heathrow with round-trip prices starting from as little as *AED 2345 valid for sale until 26 April 2016 for travel until 30 November 2016. British Airways operates nine flights a day from London Heathrow.
Burning Man Festival – California, USA (28 August 28 – 5 September)
A cultural festival quite unlike any other – for those pursuing a ‘creative and connected existence’. The event takes place in the Black Rock City desert.
Getting there: British Airways offers flights from the UAE to San Jose, California via London Heathrow on board the airline’s new 787-9 Dreamliner with round-trip prices starting from as little as *AED 6505. Daily flights from London Heathrow start 4 May 2016.
Poppy launches her new swimwear collection with Solid and Striped at Coachella, for more visit www.solidandstriped.com
*A full timetable of British Airways' flights to London and beyond is available online here where customers can find the lowest fares and book, pay and check-in online for their flights.
About British Airways:
· British Airways flies to 199 destinations, 10 destinations in the UK, 106 in Europe and 83 in the rest of the world.
· British Airways offers an extensive range of carefully selected hotels, car hire and experiences in a wide range of worldwide destinations available to book with flights from ba.com/holidays.
· The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 40 million passengers around the world every year.
· The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
· The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
· British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
· British Airways’ home Terminal 5 has been recognised as the world’s best terminal for the fourth consecutive year in the Skytrax awards.