Hyatt and MGM Resorts International Announce New Loyalty Program Relationship
New strategic relationship between Hyatt Gold Passport and MGM Resorts’ M life expected to be largest loyalty program collaboration in Las Vegas
CHICAGO & LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) today announce an unprecedented relationship between their affiliates that will offer substantial benefits to members of their loyalty programs,Hyatt Gold Passport and MGM Resorts’ M life. Starting June 20, Hyatt Gold Passport members will be able to earn and redeem Hyatt Gold Passport points at 12 iconic participating MGM Resorts destinations in Las Vegas, and M life members will be able to earn M life Tier Credits when staying at Hyatt hotels and resorts around the world.
The relationship between Hyatt, with more than 450 hotels and resorts worldwide, and MGM Resorts International, with approximately 40,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas across 12 participating properties, is expected to be the largest loyalty program collaboration in Las Vegas.
“Our new relationship with MGM Resorts International underscores Hyatt’s focus on listening to guests and developing innovative strategies that set us apart and add value to loyalty program membership,” said Jeff Zidell, senior vice president, Hyatt Gold Passport. “We know The Las Vegas Strip is an important destination for our members, and now they will have the chance to earn points and redeem award nights at 12 outstanding resorts from Bellagio to MGM Grand to Mandalay Bay.”
Beginning June 20, participating MGM Resorts destinations can be booked through Hyatt.com and Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centers in addition to mlife.com and individual MGM Resorts property websites. Guests with membership in Hyatt Gold Passport and M life will be able to earn both Hyatt Gold Passport points and M life Tier Credits on eligible rates and spend for stays beginning on or after June 20 at participating MGM Resorts destinations.
Bill Hornbuckle, president and chief marketing officer, MGM Resorts International, said, “The new alliance with Hyatt provides M life members with access and added benefits to destinations around the world while exposing our world-class Las Vegas resorts and M life loyalty program to even more savvy travelers. Whether choosing Las Vegas or another part of the world, members’ experiences will be enhanced through this relationship.”
The participating MGM Resorts destinations in Las Vegas are: Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, The Mirage, Monte Carlo, New York-New York, Luxor and Excalibur.
Beginning June 20, the relationship will provide Hyatt Gold Passport members and MGM Resorts’ M life members with the benefits outlined below.
Hyatt Gold Passport Benefits
- Hyatt Gold Passport members will receive Hyatt Gold Passport points on every eligible dollar spent at the 12 participating MGM Resorts destinations in Las Vegas. Members will also have the opportunity to earn M life Tier Credits simultaneously at these locations on eligible spend.
- All eligible stays at any of the participating MGM Resorts destinations in Las Vegas will count toward Hyatt Gold Passport tier status.
- Hyatt Gold Passport members will be able to redeem their Hyatt Gold Passport points for award nights at participating MGM Resorts destinations in Las Vegas.
- Coming in August, Hyatt Gold Passport members will be eligible to opt-in to a reciprocal tier status in MGM Resorts’ M life, providing benefits at participating MGM Resorts destinations. Depending on the matched Tier Level, members may receive special room offers and upgrades, pre-sale access to premier concert, show and fight tickets, invitations to members-only events, access to M life Moments – exclusive experiences, and much more.
M life Benefits
- M life members will receive M life Tier Credits for eligible spend when traveling beyond MGM Resorts destinations, in Las Vegas, Detroit and Mississippi, when they stay at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide.
- M life members will have the opportunity to experience destinations and cultures across the globe with the authentic hospitality that Hyatt offers while earning M life Tier Credits.
- Coming in August, M life members will be eligible to opt-in to a reciprocal tier status in Hyatt Gold Passport, providing benefits at Hyatt hotels and resorts worldwide. Depending on the matched Tier Level, members may receive complimentary in-room Internet access, guaranteed room availability, late check-out and more during their Hyatt stay.
For more information and frequently asked questions, visit hyatt.com/mlife or mlife.com’s Preferred Partner’s Page. To sign up for Hyatt Gold Passport, visit www.goldpassport.com. To sign up for M life, visit mlife.com.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is one of the world's leading global hospitality companies, operating a portfolio of destination resort brands including Bellagio, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and The Mirage. The Company also owns 51% of MGM China Holdings Limited, which owns the MGM Macau resort and casino and is in the process of developing a gaming resort in Cotai, and 50% of CityCenter in Las Vegas, which features ARIA resort and casino. For more information about MGM Resorts International, visit the Company's website at www.mgmresorts.com.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The Company's subsidiaries manage, franchise, own and develop hotels and resorts under theHyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® and Hyatt House® brand names and have locations on six continents. Hyatt Residential Group, Inc., a Hyatt Hotels Corporation subsidiary, develops, operates, markets or licenses Hyatt Residences and Hyatt Residence Club. As of March 31, 2013, the Company's worldwide portfolio consisted of 508 properties in 46 countries. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.