HYATT INTRODUCES HYATT HOUSE™ IN INDIA WITH AGREEMENT FOR HOTEL IN MUMBAI
Hyatt Continues India Growth in 2012 with Opening of Six New Hotels in Bangalore, Chennai, Hampi, Hyderabad, Pune and Raipur
CHICAGO (January 11, 2012) – Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today the introduction of its new Hyatt House extended-stay brand in India, with the signing of a management agreement by a Hyatt affiliate for a hotel in Mumbai. The company also announced that Hyatt affiliates signed management agreements for an additional seven full-service hotels and 14 select-service hotels in India, bringing the total number of announced Hyatt-branded hotels under development in India to 53.
Hyatt House Mumbai will be located near Mumbai’s most vital commercial and industrial districts and within close proximately of Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. The hotel will feature 170 guestrooms, a multi-cuisine restaurant and bar, and meeting rooms, as well as a business center, fitness center and swimming pool. The Hyatt House concept, unveiled in September 2011, is rooted in extensive consumer research and offers casual hospitality in a smartly designed, high-tech and contemporary environment.
“The introduction of Hyatt House in India, combined with our decision to make India the first location outside of the U.S. for our Hyatt Place brand, reflects our commitment to offering our extended-stay and select-service brands in one of the world’s fastest-growing markets,” said Steve Haggerty, global head of real estate and development, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, who is participating as a panelist at the Hotel Investment Forum India (HIFI) conference taking place January 11-13, 2012. “We are leveraging our more than 30-year experience in India to become the most preferred hospitality brand for a growing number of affluent, domestic travelers within the country. Guests will soon be able to enjoy our full portfolio of brands in many of India’s most popular business and leisure markets.”
India Critical to Global Expansion
The introduction of Hyatt House signals the company’s continued growth in India. In addition to Hyatt House Mumbai, signed agreements cover five additional Hyatt brands: two Andaz hotels in Jaipur and Delhi; one Hyatt hotel in Raipur; 14 Hyatt Place hotels in Chakan, Delhi, Gurgaon (2), Goa, Hampi, Hyderabad, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Mohali, Munnar, Nashik, Sriperumbudur, and Thiruvananthapuram; three Hyatt Regency hotels in Raipur, Hyderabad and Neemrana; and two Park Hyatt hotels in Delhi and Jaipur.
Hyatt plans to open six new hotels in India in 2012 across its Park Hyatt, Hyatt and Hyatt Place brands. The six properties planned to open in India this year include:
- Park Hyatt Hyderabad, a 209-room property with 42 serviced apartments that is scheduled to open in the first quarter, will be located on Banjara Hills nearby the scenic Hussain Sagar Lake and in close proximity to Hyderabad International Airport. The hotel will offer three food and beverage outlets, banquet and conference facilities, and recreational offerings, including a spa, fitness center, and retail space.
- Park Hyatt Chennai, a 204-room hotel set to open by mid-year, will be situated in the capital city of the state of Tamil Nadu. The property will offer food and beverage outlets, banquet and conference rooms, and recreational facilities, including a spa, fitness center, and retail space.
- Hyatt Raipur, a 104-room property set to open by the fourth quarter of this year, will be located in a new retail and office complex in the state of Chhattisgarh’s capital city and commercial hub. The hotel will feature a multi-cuisine restaurant and bar, ballroom and meeting space, as well as a business center, fitness center, and swimming pool.
- Hyatt Place Hampi, a 116-room hotel planned to open in the third quarter, will be situated nearby the Bellary industrial district. Hampi, which features spectacular views of the Sandur ranges and is home to a group of monuments classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site, also serves as a popular leisure destination. The property will include a multi-cuisine restaurant, meeting rooms, and a fitness center, and swimming pool.
- Hyatt Place Pune, Hinjewadi, a 117-room property set to open in the third quarter, will be located within the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park at Hinjewadi, a prominent software hub. The hotel will feature a multi-cuisine restaurant and meeting space, as well as a business center, fitness center, and swimming pool.
- Hyatt Place Bangalore, Whitefield, a 200-room hotel scheduled to open in the fourth quarter, will be part of a mixed use development on Whitefield Road in Banaglore’s IT Corridor, which houses some of city’s largest technology and real estate developers. The property will include a restaurant, meeting space, and a fitness center.
“We are focused on creating preference by enhancing distribution of our full-service, extended-stay and select service brands in both new and established markets in India where our guests are increasingly travelling,” said Ratnesh Verma, senior vice president of real estate and development for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts in Asia. “Creating a strong presence in India with our complete brand portfolio is critical to Hyatt’s leadership in the global hospitality sector.”
With 53 hotels under development in India, Hyatt currently plans to offer its full portfolio of brands, including:
- 16 Hyatt Regency hotels under development, in addition to five already open
- 4 Grand Hyatt hotels under development, in addition to two already open
- 6 Park Hyatt hotels under development, in addition to one already open
- 23 Hyatt Place hotels under development
- 2 Andaz hotels under development
- 1 Hyatt House hotel under development
- 1 Hyatt hotel under development
As part of this expansion, Hyatt is seeking to attract and develop high-quality talent in India in order to drive future growth. Currently, more than 3,500 associates are employed at Hyatt hotels in India, and with the development effort, it is expected that more than 7,000 new associates will be welcomed into the Hyatt family. Hyatt is investing in training curriculums and accelerated leadership programs in order to ensure that new associates support the company’s mission to deliver authentic hospitality and to develop new professional opportunities for its associates.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The Company's subsidiaries manage, franchise, own and develop hotels and resorts under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® and Hyatt Summerfield Suites® brand names and have locations on six continents. Hyatt Summerfield Suites is being rebranded as Hyatt HouseTM. Hyatt Residential Group, Inc., a Hyatt Hotels Corporation subsidiary, develops, operates, markets or licenses TM Hyatt Residencesand Hyatt Vacation Club®, which is changing its name to Hyatt Residence Club. As of September 30, 2011, the Company's worldwide portfolio consisted of 478 properties in 45 countries. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Statements in this press release, which are not historical facts, are “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include statements about our plans, strategies, financial performance, prospects or future events and involve known and unknown risks that are difficult to predict. As a result, our actual results, performance or achievements may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by the use of words such as “may,” “could,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “seek,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “likely,” “will,” “would” and variations of these terms and similar expressions, or the negative of these terms or similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements are necessarily based upon estimates and assumptions that, while considered reasonable by us and our management, are inherently uncertain. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations include, among others, general economic uncertainty in key global markets, the rate and pace of economic recovery following economic downturns; levels of spending in business and leisure segments as well as consumer confidence; declines in occupancy and average daily rate; hostilities, including future terrorist attacks, or fear of hostilities that affect travel; travel-related accidents; changes in the tastes and preferences of our customers; relationships with associates and labor unions and changes in labor law; the financial condition of, and our relationships with, third-party property owners, franchisees and hospitality venture partners; risk associated with potential acquisitions and dispositions and the introduction of new brand concepts; changes in the competitive environment in our industry and the markets where we operate; outcomes of legal proceedings; changes in federal, state, local or foreign tax law; fluctuations in currency exchange rates; general volatility of the capital markets and our ability to access the capital markets. A more complete description of these risks and uncertainties can be found in our filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K. We caution you not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements, which are made as of the date of this press release. We undertake no obligation to update publicly any of these forward-looking statements to reflect actual results, new information or future events, changes in assumptions or changes in other factors affecting forward-looking statements, except to the extent required by applicable laws. If we update one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that we will make additional updates with respect to those or other forward-looking statements.