Introducing Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota
Introducing Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota
· Historic residential-style hotel in the heart of the city’s financial district
· 62 rooms with unique architectural and design details
· Spanish restaurant and tapas bar concept restaurant
· Well-appointed meeting and event facilities, plus an intimate spa and fitness centre
Bogota (Casa Medina), Colombia, April 2015: Long recognized as one of Bogota's finest hotels, this stately and urbane monument of cultural interest is now a signature Four Seasons experience. Just 62 sophisticated guest rooms and suites exude a sense of composure and calm at the new Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota. Abundant, adaptable meeting space, right in the heart of Colombia's financial core, situates guests ideally for business. The signature restaurant and bar offers an elegant new destination with the best of Spanish cuisine and cutting-edge mixology, including a lively street-side terrace and sheltered courtyard. All this is complemented by a serene spa and intuitive, personalized care that enhances the Hotel's reputation for luxury.
Originally built in 1946, Casa Medina was the creative vision of artist and architect Santiago Medina Mejia, who was born in Medellin and educated in Paris in the early part of the 20th century. Salvaging architectural treasures from the recently demolished colonial convents of San Agustin and Santo Domingo, he brought stone columns, flooring and hand-carved wooden doors to the building he planned as an exclusive enclave of beautifully appointed apartments. He personally oversaw the crafting of intricate wrought iron details to enhance the historic elements.
In 1984, Casa Medina was designated for its architectural heritage. In 1988, the building was restored and transformed into the Hotel Casa Medina Bogota, which quickly established itself among the city’s power elite and international travellers of note. Now under new ownership, Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota is scheduled to open in mid 2015, and is the sister property of Four Seasons Hotel Bogota.
Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota – Fact Sheet
· Luis Argote, a native of Venezuela who grew up in Bogota and 29-year Four Seasons veteran
Architects and Interior Designers
· Santiago Medina Mejia (original 1946 apartment building)
· Luisa Amelia Pinto, architect and Fernando Reyes Elicechea, designer (1980s hotel conversion)
· Milena Vargas, architect; Lauren Rotette, designer; and Saul Sasson, restaurant designer (2015 remodeling)
· 62 guest rooms, including 17 suites, including the 108 square metre (1,163 square foot) Penthouse Suite with in-suite kitchen for entertaining
· Each accommodation is unique, featuring colonial-style beamed ceilings and hand-crafted wooden doors; all rooms and suites will feature the new, fully customizable Four Seasons Bed
Dining and Drinking
· Spanish-style restaurant and tapas bar concept – With most seating in a new, naturally-lit courtyard with glass atrium as well as a covered outdoor terrace, this new concept promised to be a favourite of the city’s power elite as well as visiting dignitaries, executives and celebrities. The Las Roseles private dining space for 24 is ideal for discreet business dinners or intimate celebrations.
Spa and Fitness
· Four Seasons will offer modern therapies and pampering for weary travellers in an intimate four-treatment room Spa. In addition, the Hotel will have a 71-square-metre (764 square foot) fitness centre for Hotel guests.
Social Events and Business Meetings
350 square metres (3,293 square feet) of function space is conveniently located on the ground floor, with one additional new boardroom on the second floor for added privacy:
· The Casa Medina Room at 143 square metres (1,539 square feet)
· Smaller El Nogal and La Merced rooms, plus two new boardrooms – one on the ground floor, and one upstairs on the second floor
· Las Roseles private dining room adjacent to the restaurant is also available for business and social functions
World-renowned Four Seasons service includes:
· Expert multi-lingual concierge team providing access to the city’s hottest tickets, fashionable restaurants and shopping, as well as exploration of the regional’s culture and history
· Exclusive Four Seasons airport and transportation services
· Twice-daily housekeeping, laundry services, complimentary morning coffee and international newspapers
· Round-the-clock in-room dining
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. From elegant surroundings of the finest quality, to caring, highly personalized 24-hour service, Four Seasons embodies a true home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified in its employees - people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Currently operating 96 hotels and residences in major city centres and resort destinations in 40 countries, and with more than 60 projects in development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveller reviews and industry awards. 2013 Accolades include 22 AAA Five Diamond Awards, 31 properties included on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List, 17 spas recognized on the Condé Nast Traveler Top Spas list, 32 U.S. News & World Report Gold and Silver Badge Winners, three Travel + Leisure Social Media in Travel and Tourism (SMITTY) Awards, including Best Hotel Chain, 16 properties included in Robb Report’s Top 100 Hotels list and six Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards. For more information on Four Seasons, visit http://press.fourseasons.com and follow on Twitter @FourSeasonsPR