Jumeirah Zabeel Saray prepares for the world’s largest fireworks display
Luxury hotel offers midnight toast on the beach and live footage broadcast throughout hotel
Dubai, December XX 2013: Preparations for New Year’s Eve celebrations are under way at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray as Dubai plans to hold a record-breaking fireworks display on the Palm Jumeirah.
The Ottoman-inspired resort on the West Crescent of the Palm Jumeirah will offer superb venues with undisturbed views of Dubai’s Guinness World Record breaking attempt which will begin with a six-minute display, choreographed across the whole of The Palm Jumeirah and the islands of The World. The record attempt will cover 99.4km of seafront and feature 450,000 fireworks.
In addition, live aerial footage of the display will be broadcast in each hotel venue while all hotel and restaurant guests will be invited onto the beach to enjoy a complimentary glass of bubbles to toast at midnight. The celebrations will conclude with an exclusive after-party in Voda Bar.
Stephan Schupbach, General Manager of Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, said: “Dubai’s record-breaking fireworks display is a magical way to wrap up what has been an extraordinary year for the city.
“We are delighted to be located at the heart of this celebration and will be celebrating in true Jumeirah style, celebrating the end of our third year in operation while welcoming in our fourth year since opening in January 2011.”
From extravagant celebrations at the Gala Dinner to regal offerings in Imperium and a variety of venues in between, each restaurant within the hotel offers an al fresco terrace and unrivalled views of the display on Palm Jumeirah. With restrictions on access to and from Palm Jumeirah, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray has put in place suitable arrangements to ensure smooth arrival and departure for all hotel and restaurant guests arriving at the resort.
Celebrations will continue on New Year’s Day with brunch at Imperium and a selection of festive and revitalising spa packages will be available at Talise Ottoman Spa, offering a refreshing start to the New Year.
- Ends –
About the fireworks display:
The show will start with an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the ‘Largest Fireworks Display’, a six-minute display choreographed across the whole of The Palm Jumeirah and the islands of The World. The World Record breaking attempt will cover a distance of over 99.4km of seafront and feature 450,000 colourful fireworks and a series of scenes designed exclusively for the show and set to a musical soundtrack designed for the event. As the six-minute world-record attempt concludes, a 15 minute display covering a one kilometre stretch of the Jumeirah beach will commence. While the world-record attempt is taking place, in Downtown Dubai residents and visitors will be able to enjoy fireworks cascading down Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest tower.
About New Year’s Eve at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray:
- New Year’s Gala Dinner: From 7pm in the purpose built beach venue. AED 3,900 per person* inclusive of live music entertainment and dancing, free-flowing premium bubbly and cellared beverages and lavish seafood and international buffet
- Imperium: New Year’s Eve dinner from 6.30pm onwards. AED 2,200 per person* including half a bottle of bubbly, grape and soft beverages and lavish international buffet
- Voi: Vietnamese experience from 7.30pm - AED 2,500 per person inclusive of a seven course meal, half a bottle of bubbly and grape and soft beverages. (Children below the age of 12 not permitted.)
- Lalezar: Turkish experience from 7.30pm – AED 1,750 per person* inclusive of a five course meal, grape and soft beverages
- Amala: Indian experience from 7.30pm – AED 1,750 per person* inclusive of a five course meal, grape and soft beverages
- Al Nafoorah: Lebanese experience from 7.30pm – AED 1,750 per person* inclusive of a family-style sharing menu, grape and soft beverages
- Sultan’s Lounge: from 7pm – minimum spend of AED 150 per person*. Menu prices as standard.
- All guests are invited to enjoy a complimentary glass of bubbly on the beach before mid-night and are granted complimentary access to the exclusive Voda Bar after party.
- *Children between 4 and 12 years enjoy 50% discount and below the age of 4 dine with compliments
For reservations call +971 4 453 0444 / JZSrestaurants@jumeirah.com
- Supperclub: Gastronomic experiences from 7pm – AED 1,000 per person including dinner and free flowing beverages (over 21 only)
- MusicHall: Dinner and entertainment experiences from 8pm – from AED 1,100 – AED 4,500 per person various packages.
AboutJumeirah Group: Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts includes Jumeirah at Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi; Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai; Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa in Kuwait; Jumeirah Bilgah Beach Hotel in Baku; Jumeirah Dhevanafushi and Jumeirah Vittaveli in the Maldives; Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel in Shanghai; Jumeirah Frankfurt in Germany; Jumeirah Grand Hotel via Veneto in Rome; Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca, Spain; Pera Palace Hotel Jumeirah in Istanbul; as well as Jumeirah Carlton Tower and Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel in London. Jumeirah Group also runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah LivingTM; the wellness brand Talise; Jumeirah Restaurants; Wild Wadi WaterparkTM; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management; and SiriusTM, its global loyalty programme.
About Jumeirah Zabeel Saray:
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a luxurious beachside resort located on the West Crescent of the iconic Palm Jumeirah in Dubai. The interior of the resort is inspired by the ancient palaces of Turkey and features hand-painted finishings, Turkish artworks and stunning murals that conjure up images of the Golden Age of the Ottoman Empire. The resort boasts 405 rooms and suites, 38 Royal Residences, Talise Ottoman Spa, one of the largest and most luxurious spas in the Middle East and a collection of six diverse restaurants which offer a vibrant selection of culinary experiences.