LE BRISTOL PARIS NAMEDTHE BEST HOTEL WORLDWIDE BY THE GALLIVANTER’S GUIDE
SELECTED BY THOUSANDS OF VOTERS IN 42 DIFFERENT COUNTRIES, THE HOTEL TAKES THE TOP RANKING AWAY FROM THE FOUR SEASONS HOTEL GEORGE V AFTER AN 11-YEAR REIGN
In recognition of the enormous work over the past five years, Le Bristol Paris has, for the very first time, been included in the rating of luxury hotels by the prestigious English publication – The Gallivanter’s Guide. Not only this but it went straight to the top of the list, and was elected the BEST HOTEL WORLDWIDE. For the last 11 years the Four Seasons Hotel George V had occupied this position. As a double accolade, the hotel's CEO Didier Le Calvez, has also been elected the World's Best Hotel Manager.
2014 ended with a flourish for Le Bristol having been awarded the title of France's Best Hotel by the Institutional Investor magazine. 2015 also got off to a good start with Le Bristol being referenced as a "Living Heritage Company" and gaining the four leading positions in TripAdvisor ratings for the Hotel, Epicure restaurant, Le Bar du Bristol and Spa Le Bristol by La Prairie. Today's accolade is proof of Le Bristol's ascent to the very top of the Parisian and international luxury hotel business.
The excellence of Le Bristol’s service and Chef Eric Frechon's cuisine have made this legendary palace hotel the epitome of French style and panache. Renovations focused on enhancing the hotel's entirety, creating Le Bar du Bristol under the leadership of Maxime Hoerth, elected Best French Craftsman (MOF) in 2011 and extending the Spa managed by Isabelle Gobbo, elected Best Spa Manager in 2013 with the Black Diamond Award: it is so many of these accolades that convinced readers to elect Le Bristol as the World's Leading Hotel.
The Gallivanter’s Guide is an English guide created in 1991, which has since become a reference in terms of tourism quality and the hotel business scene. The rating of luxury hotels and people involved in the hotel industry that it publishes every year is based on the votes of thousands of readers in 42 countries worldwide, which gives it the utmost credibility.
Didier Le Calvez, CEO of Le Bristol Paris says: "I am flattered that we have been granted this incredible reward for our hard work. Having participated in the rise of the Four Seasons Hotel George V,
I am particularly moved by this prize, which is in line with those received for the hotel over the past three years. This is a source of pride for the hotel's teams and myself, and we would like to thank the Oetker Collection for giving us the means to do our jobs to the very highest standards and thus ensure that our customers are able to enjoy the very best in French know-how."
Didier Le Calvez, a leader in the international luxury hotel industry for 35 years, has been elected the World's Best Hotel Manager by The Gallivanter’s Guide.
As the iconic manager of the Four Seasons Hotel George V since it opened in 1999, this expert in the luxury hotel industry took over the management of Le Bristol Paris in 2010. His objective with Frank Marrenbach, CEO of the Oetker Collection, was to put this Parisian hotel among the top ten hotels in the world. And this is exactly what they did.
ABOUT OETKER COLLECTION
Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selections of masterpiece hotels in the world. The name ‘masterpiece hotels’ includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique string of pearls.
Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage and sharing the highest levels of service internationally with exceptional and historic architecture & interiors combining with great attention to detail.
Oetker Collection embraces nine luxury hotels:
· L’Apogée Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French Alps.
· Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – an iconic grand hotel, amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, Germany. The historic Villa Stéphanie will soon open its doors to offer Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
· Le Bristol Paris – an authentic vibrant French palace completely refurbished, the ultimate reference for Parisian art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du Faubourg St-Honoré.
· Château Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic chateau of excellence nestled in the heart of Provence, boasting breathtaking views over the Mediterranean coastline.
· Eden Rock – a luxurious retreat in St Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches, and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the Caribbean.
· Fregate Island Private – a jewel of conservation featuring lush forest, wild fauna, and overlooking the crystal waters of the Seychelles. Unique on the Planet.
· Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the centre of a scenic private park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
· The Lanesborough London – classically British service in a remarkably refined and charming grand residence
· Palais Namaskar – a peaceful oasis with contemporary and sophisticated design set in the Palmeraie, the most exclusive residential area in Marrakech.
More information: www.oetkercollection.com