Local Flavours In The Spotlight At Four Seasons Hotels And Resorts
Worldwide campaign now underway highlighting local culinary experiences
Toronto, Canada, June 2014: Building on two consecutive years of the successful 100 Mile Cocktail program, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts expands its scope this June 2014 with Local Flavours, a worldwide campaign that goes beyond the glass to encompass food offerings and other culinary experiences found within a 100 mile (160 kilometre) radius of each property. The wide-ranging offerings, including popup dinners, distillery partnerships and all-local menus, illustrate the commitment from Four Seasons to creating epicurean experiences that immerse travellers in their surroundings.
The Local Flavours program showcases the best local products and experiences available with the aim to support communities while driving home a high-quality experience for the guest. Examples include:
• A Tour of Edible Flowers in the garden at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai, where guests can pluck blossoms for a cocktail that brings together freshly crushed ginger, vodka, fresh lime, and Indian head ginger blossoms
• The monthly “Living Local” series in the Lobby Lounge at Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, which invites guests and visitors to mingle with a local distiller, all the while sipping cocktails made with his or her spirit; the first in the series will play host to Maui Vodka’s Master Distiller Mark Nigbur
• “Meet the Neighbours” tours of Mansa Organic Farm through a partnership with Four Seasons Resort Nevis, West Indies; Mervin “Mansa” Tyson himself guides guests through rows of fruits and vegetables, picking fresh mangos, star fruit, and pomegranates to sample en route
• The Hampshire Afternoon Tea tasting menu at Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire featuring estate-grown produce and honey harvested from on-property hives
• Culinary adventure tours through the world-famous Santa Fe Farmers Market with Four Seasons Resort Rancho Encantado Santa Fe Chef Andrew Cooper, where guests hand-pick ingredients that they’ll later prepare for dinner in the Terra kitchen
Utilizing the bounty of each hotel's and resort’s destination, as well as partnering with neighbouring farmers, distillers and food artisans, is a core component of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts food and beverage programming. “Through Local Flavours, each hotel and resort is shining a light on the truly one-of-a-kind culinary experiences that make its destination unique,” says Vice President of Food and Beverage for the Americas Guy Rigby. “The campaign showcases the best that our locales have to offer in fresh, interactive ways that often go beyond the dining rooms and into the communities.”
Local Flavours is available to guests and patrons at select Four Seasons properties worldwide this summer. Additional information and recipes can be found on Taste by Four Seasons at taste.fourseasons.com.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. From elegant surroundings of the finest quality, to caring, highly personalized 24-hour service, Four Seasons embodies a true home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified in its employees - people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Founded in 1960, Four Seasons has followed a targeted course of expansion, opening hotels and residences in major city centres and desirable resort destinations around the world. With 92 properties in 38 countries, and more than 60 projects under development, Four Seasons continues to lead the hospitality industry with innovative enhancements, making business travel easier and leisure travel more rewarding. 2013 Accolades include 22 AAA Five Diamond Awards, 31 properties included on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List, 17 spas recognized on the Condé Nast Traveler Top Spas list, 32 U.S. News & World Report Gold and Silver Badge Winners, three Travel + Leisure Social Media in Travel and Tourism (SMITTY) Awards, including Best Hotel Chain, 16 properties included in Robb Report’s Top 100 Hotels list and six Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards. For more information on Four Seasons, visit http://press.fourseasons.com and follow on Twitter at @FourSeasonsPR