Lounge in Luxury in Dubai with British Airways
Airline announces Dubai has been chosen as the second global destination after Singapore to feature the new British Airways Concorde Bar
Dubai, UAE, 1 September 2015: British Airways will soon be launching its new, dedicated Galleries lounge in Concourse D at Dubai International Airport.
When Dubai International Airport opens Concourse D the stylish Galleries lounge will be the second location after Singapore to offer the British Airways’ new Concorde Bar, providing an exclusive, private haven for valuable First customers and their guests to relax, dine and work.
The Concorde Bar will be strikingly different from the main lounge and feature an opulent interior with black Nero marble surfaces, European oak flooring and bespoke furnishings. Once inside, customers can choose to enjoy some privacy in the booth seating, stretch back on the Vitra lounger seats or enjoy a quiet drink at the newly designed bar. Eligible customers will access the Concorde Bar using an electronic swipe card that they will be presented with at the Galleries lounge reception.
The main lounge will offer customers an upgraded space to work, relax or dine as they choose, in a space that features the finest in modern British design and style. It will also include artwork from established Iraqi-born artist, Dia Al Azzawi, as well as international pieces and Gulf heritage images from the British Airways archive. Customers can watch the world go by with views from the lounge over the retail atrium and beyond.
Paolo De Renzis, Head of Middle East, Africa and Central Asia Sales for British Airways said, “Lounges are a key benefit of our frequent flyer programme and our team has designed an exclusive, relaxing environment in the Dubai lounge that I hope our customers will look forward to visiting before they start their journey. It showcases the best of British design and style alongside locally inspired elements, while weaving in the heritage and glamour of flying. It is specifically tailored to the needs of the modern premium traveller, whether they are flying for business or leisure.”
Access to the new lounge will be limited to British Airways First and Club World (business class) customers, British Airways Executive Gold and Silver members and oneworld frequent flyers with Emerald and Sapphire status. The Concorde Bar will be exclusively for British Airways’ First customers and their eligible guests.
About British Airways:
- British Airways flies to 188 destinations, 9 destinations in the UK, 97 in Europe and 82 in the rest of the world.
- British Airways offers an extensive range of carefully selected hotels, car hire and experiences in a wide range of worldwide destinations available to book with flights from ba.com/holidays.
- The airline is one of the world's largest international airlines carrying approximately 40 million passengers around the world every year.
- The airline offers a choice of four cabins on the majority of its long-haul services.
- The airline is investing in new aircraft, new cabins, new technology and new routes.
- British Airways operates the majority of flights from Terminal 5, its home at London Heathrow. This terminal is capable of handling 30 million customers a year and is the size of 50 football pitches.
- British Airways’ home Terminal 5 has been recognised as the world’s best terminal for the fourth consecutive year in the Skytrax awards.