Mourjan Marinas IGY celebrates a year of growth and achievement
Dubai-based marina developer and manager reflects on a successful year that has included major announcements and partnerships with some of the industry’s most prestigious projects
Monaco, September 22nd, 2010: Mourjan Marinas IGY, the Dubai-based developer and manager of luxury marinas and yachting lifestyle destinations, is celebrating a year of achievement and significant growth since forming in September 2009.
The company, participating in the Monaco Yacht Show which opened today, was re-branded and established this time last year as a result of the strategic alliance between IGY Marinas and the Malta based corporation G-Marin.
Since its formation Mourjan Marinas IGY has quickly positioned itself as one of the world’s leading luxury marina and yachting lifestyle development and operations companies.
Michael Horrigan, CEO of Mourjan Marinas IGY, said:
“We have moved rapidly since being formed under the new brand last year and the results have been very pleasing. It has been a tremendously busy, and very successful, year not only on a local level but also internationally.”
“We have announced our involvement in some major projects which we are very proud to be a part of. In a short period of time we have further built on our strong reputation in the industry and we’ve been delighted to secure some of the most prestigious marina development contracts on offer since the company was formed.
“We are confident the next 12 months will be just as successful for us and we are looking forward to a continued period of further growth and development.”
Recent announcements and key milestones for Mourjan Marinas IGY over the past year includes:
· Its undertaking the full responsibility for design, construction and operation of all marinas in the Lusail City’s development in Qatar
· Its alliance with the Moroccan investment firm, Libra Capital, to start the master planning process for an exclusive waterfront project located South West of Morocco.
· Its undertaking of the marina development in Russia with the transformation of the port of Sochi, announcing that it has signed a binding agreement with Russian company Sochi Grand Marina, part of leading Russian shipping company Sovcomflot. A new mixed use development at Sochi, including a 300 yacht marina, will help this strategically placed Black Sea port prepare for its role as host city of the 2014 Winter Olympics.
· Partnership with Global Real Estate Development Co. (GREDCO) for the development of two marinas as part of the upcoming Marsa Al Seef project in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
· Recognised with the Innovation and Excellence Award (Marina & Management) in the Arab Maritime World at a high profile awards ceremony in Lebanon.
· Revealed key developments in its executive leadership team with the formalization of Iain Bell’s role as Director of Development and Matthew Whatman’s promotion to Senior Project Manager.
· Unveiled its new brand identity as Mourjan Marians IGY and the company at the forefront of the marina industry in the Middle East.
· Revealed the redevelopment of its official website
· Renewed its long term partnership with Dubai Festival City to continue its management of Festival Marina, who will continue to utilise its design, engineering, management and marketing expertise to benefit one of Dubai’s most stunning waterfronts.
Mourjan Marinas IGY provides services including planning, design, development, operations and marketing consultancy. Its aim is to create unforgettable marinas and yachting lifestyle developments which offer a sense of place for owners, crew and visitors. The company achieves this by providing commercially astute solutions in every area of marina development and operations.
Notes to Editor
Mourjan Marinas IGY
Mourjan Marinas IGY is an international marina developer, operator and investor based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Operating under a new name after an alliance between Island Global Yachting (IGY) and G-Marin; Mourjan Marinas IGY continues to drive the growth of marina development throughout the Middle East. The company offers the full range of technical, development, operations, marketing and administrative expertise required to design, construct and manage world-class marina facilities internationally.
From the islands of the Caribbean to the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and other beautiful yachting destinations around the world, IGY is redefining the very idea of luxury marina experiences. Founded in 2005, IGY focuses on acquiring, controlling and/or servicing luxury-yacht marinas and the surrounding upland real estate properties. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, IGY also has offices in New York, NY; St. Thomas, USV. In Dubai, IGY is represented through an alliance with Mourjan Marinas IGY which provides marina development and management services throughout the Middle East.
For additional information please contact:
John Rynehart at Four Communications
Telephone: +971 (0) 55 980 6679