Oetker Collection unveils plans for another stunning Masterpiece Hotel - L’Apogée Courchevel
L’Apogée will open in the French Alps on 11.12.13
· Private ski lift available for exclusive guest access to the hotel
· India Mahdavi and Joseph Dirand to oversee interior design
Dubai, December 4, 2012: Oetker Collection, which owns and manages masterpiece hotels around the world, is pleased to announce its newest property, L’Apogée Courchevel located in Le Jardin Alpin.
The hotel will open on 11.12.13 (11th December 2013) and will be supervised by Philippe Perd, the Managing Director of the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc and Chateau Saint-Martin Hotel in the south of France.
L’Apogée will comprise 33 stunning suites, 20 spacious double rooms and a spectacular penthouse with its own jacuzzi and private terrace, offering breathtaking views over Courchevel village. In addition, L’Apogée will include a signature restaurant featuring a dramatic grill centerpiece, under the supervision of Michelin two-star Chef Yannick Franques, a grand terrace for dining outside, and a superb spa and wellness centre featuring treatment rooms and a swimming pool.
Situated next to L’Apogée will be a private and exclusive chalet which will feature five bedrooms, a spa and its own home cinema. L’Apogée will also benefit from its own private ski lift, enabling guests and diners to reach the hotel in true style.
The renowned architects and interior designers India Mahdavi, who has worked on projects throughout America and Europe, and Joseph Dirand who will oversee the interior styling of L’Apogée.
The hotel is owned by French entrepreneur and businessman Xavier Niel, who owns the Internet Service Provider, Free and will be managed by Oetker Collection under the agreement.
Frank Marrenbach, CEO of Oetker Collection, commented: “We are excited to be opening our first masterpiece hotel in the French Alps. L’Apogée will complement our existing properties and fits perfectly with our portfolio. Courchevel, as a new Oetker Collection destination, will appeal to our loyal city and resort guests. We would also like to pay a particular tribute to Galaxis Capital and Philippe Gurdjian who supported us and initially introduced us to the project”.
Oetker Collection owns Le Bristol Paris, Brenners Park in Baden-Baden, Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes and Chateau Saint-Martin and Spa in Vence. It also manages Palais Namaskar in Marrakech and Saint-Barth Isle-de-France in the French West Indies.
About The Oetker Collection
In 1891 Dr. August Oetker, a pharmacist from Bielefeld in Germany, invented baking powder in a room at the back of his shop, an invention that led to the creation of the ‘Dr. Oetker’ brand. It was the beginning of this empire that led to the ‘Oetker signature’, a mark of guaranteed success and quality. During the course of the company’s successes and financial opportunities, the ever-expanding Oetker Group diversified into food products, beverages, sea transport and grand hotels.
The Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selection of hotels in the world. The name “Masterpiece Hotels” includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique pearl necklace, consolidate the establishments by making a statement in harmony with nature.
Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage, sharing the highest level of service, exceptional and historic architecture and interiors as well as a great attention to details.
The Collection embraces:
· Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa - in Baden-Baden, a unique urban oasis, set in a sprawling park
· Le Bristol Paris - 1st hotel in France to be distinguished with the ‘Palace’ accreditation in 2011. Ideally located on the prestigious Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, at the heart of the city’s arts and fashion district, close to the Champs-Elysées and Place de la Concorde
· Hotel du Cap Eden-Roc – located on the Mediterranean at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes
· Château Saint-Martin & Spa – located in Vence, the romantic part of the French Riviera
· Palais Namaskar – an iconic, modern-day Palace in Marrakech, Morocco
· Hotel Saint-Barth Isle de France – ideally located in Flamands Bay, combines the charm of the French West Indies with a sophisticated European touch.
· L’Apogée – Located in exclusive Jardin Alpin in Courchevel, the newest masterpiece in the French Alps.
Biographies and further information available: www.oetkercollection.com