Racing towards a Sell-Out - 2012 Formula 1TM Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix TICKETS SELLING FAST
Early bird discount to end in two weeks
Abu Dhabi, UAE, Thursday 17 May 2012: On the fast track to a fourth consecutive sell-out, only 30% of tickets to the 2012 Formula 1TM Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix are remaining for purchase. With a greater demand from international agents and fans, and only two weeks to go until 31 May when the 20% early bird discount ends, Yas Marina Circuit is urging F1 fans near and far to take action now to avoid disappointment.
“The 2012 Formula 1TM Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is set to be the most exciting one to date,” said Richard Cregan, Chief Executive Officer of Yas Marina Circuit, which will host the race on 2-4 November. “Working closely with our partners, we have extended ticket and entertainment options this year and the response from the fans has been overwhelmingly positive, as seen through our strong ticket sales.”
In addition to an expanded variety of seating and hospitality upgrades available for the first time, fans can also expect a wider entertainment programme both on and off track.
On track, the popular Australian V8 Supercars series will be the official F1™ support race. Race goers can also buy select seating packages granting exclusive weekend access to both V8 Supercar and F1 pits, while all fans will have access to their favourite motorsport stars at any one of the planned Oasis area autograph sessions.
Off track, free concerts are planned for the Corniche, and the wheels are in motion for an even wider programme of events that will include, as in previous years exclusive F1 ticket-holder only entertainment.
“In developing these options, we want to ensure that every fan, whether it is their first or fourth Grand Prix has an extraordinary experience before, during, and after the race has ended,” added Cregan.
Tickets categories available now with the 20% early bird discount include North, South, West, and Marina Grandstand tickets. From now until 31 May, these two day tickets are available at AED 1500 and three day tickets are available AED 1,665. After 31 May these tickets will be available at AED 1,875 for two days and AED 2,080 for three days.
Other ticket options include Marina Club and South Club upgrades, and for corporate fans or groups, the Yas Viceroy Hotel Private Suites & Terrace Tickets and Marina Grandstand Boxes are also available.
Tickets are now available through a wide range of outlets, including selected Etihad Airways shops, Virgin Megastores across the UAE and GCC, the Yas Viceroy Hotel and Yas Marina Circuit itself. They are also available from the 800 927 (YAS) call centre and from the website at www.yasmarinacircuit.ae.
Full 2012 Ticket Categories
Tickets to the 2012 Formula 1TM Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix are available now across the following ticket categories:
· Grandstand (North, South, West, Marina): North, South, West, and Marina Grandstand tickets are priced at AED 1,875 for two days and AED 2,080 for three days. Two day tickets are now available at AED 1500 and three day tickets are available AED 1,665 until 31 May with the 20% early bird discount.
· Marina Club Upgrade: Available to three day Marina Grandstand ticket holders, the Marina Club Upgrade includes exclusive access to the Australian V8 Support Paddock with clear views of the pit lane and all the V8 Supercar action. Marina Club ticket holders will also enjoy reserved seating and access to a relaxing club lounge area with exclusive food and beverages outlets. Marina Club upgrades are priced at AED 2,600 and are not applicable for the 20% early bird discount.
· South Club Upgrade: Available to South Grandstand ticket holders, the South Club Upgrade includes reserved seating and access to a relaxing club lounge area with exclusive private food and beverages outlets. South Club upgrades are priced at AED 2,600 and are not applicable for the 20% early bird discount.
· Grandstand (Main): Offering prime views of the start/finish line, Main Grandstand tickets are priced at AED 2,200 for three-day ticket and are not applicable for the 20% early bird discount.
· Category 1 Tickets: Located within the Main, West and North Grandstands, Category 1 Al Jood and Al Dhiyafa three-day tickets offer both prime views of the start finish line and luxuries such as balcony seating, air-conditioned lounges, complementary food and beverage service, and complimentary parking. Category 1 three day tickets are available at AED 4,420 and are not applicable for the 20% early bird discount.
· Formula One Paddock Club™: Formula One Paddock Club tickets offer the full VIP experience including unrivalled views of the circuit, pit lanes and all the on-track action. Paddock Club ticket holders will also enjoy guided pit lane walks, VIP parking and gourmet open-bar hospitality including fine food and wine. Formula One Paddock Club three day tickets start at AED 16,900 per person and are the ideal for both corporate hosting and discerning F1 fans.
· Yas Viceroy Hotel Private Suites and Terrace Tickets: Yas Viceroy Hotel Private Suite and Terrace tickets allow fans to watch all of the excitement of the race from the luxurious surrounds of a Yas Viceroy Hotel private suite or open air terrace. Available to groups of 25 and 35 people for suite tickets, and groups of 50 to 100 guests for terrace tickets, these tickets allow fans to experience the sensation of the Formula 1™ cars passing directly underneath the hotel and are ideal for corporate hosting or large groups of friends.
· Marina Grandstand Boxes: Featuring some of the finest panoramic views of the on track action, the Yas Marina, private Marina Grandstand Boxes are located on the first floor of Marina Grandstand, and feature a dedicated balcony overlooking the track and access to the Australian V8 Supercar Pit Lane Walk. Grandstand Box ticket holders will enjoy a selection of canapés and beverages throughout each day and a pre-race gourmet three-course meal. Perfect for corporate hosting or large groups of friends, Grandstand Boxes can be booked for groups for 40 or tables of 10.
· Online: www.yasmarinacircuit.ae
· Call centre: 800 927 ( YAS) or +971 (0) 2 659 9800
· Yas Marina Circuit
· Selected Etihad Airways shops
· Virgin Megastores across the UAE and GCC
· Yas Viceroy Hotel on Yas Island
· Yas Marina Circuit ticket stand in Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi (until 31st May)
· Yas Marina Circuit ticket stand in Mall of the Emirates (until 31st May)
· Formula One Paddock Club™, Yas Viceroy Hotel Private Suites and Terrace and Marina Grandstand Box tickets are available through the Yas Marina Circuit Corporate Sales Team on +971 (0) 2 659 9393 or email email@example.com.
About Yas Marina Circuit:
Yas Marina Circuit is probably one of the world's most iconic sporting venues. Located on Yas Island, the circuit debuted on October 30, 2009 with the final race of the FIA Formula One World Championship - the inaugural Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to a capacity crowd of around 50,000. Year round, Yas Marina Circuit hosts an extensive programme of leading international and national motorsport racing series as well as major entertainment events and corporate activities. Supplementary facilities include the Yas Drag Racing Centre, the Yas Racing School and the Yas Kartzone.