Read All About it: New Four Seasons Press Room Features More News, More Info, More Ideas
Packed with new features and easier access for journalists, bloggers and those who just love to know what’s new at Four Seasons
Toronto, Canada, September 2013 - The bigger, better Four Seasons Press Room is now live. Featuring a bold new look, improved search and downloading, and much, much more content, the new press.fourseasons.com also launches a new resource:
FS Weekly. This one-stop email features the most exciting trend stories, fresh story ideas and top news releases from all 91 Four Seasons hotels and resorts – plus sneak peeks at new openings on the horizon.
“The new Four Seasons Press Room provides a wealth of content for today’s media who are interested in a constant stream of story ideas, with stunning images to bring them to life,” says Laura Fairweather, corporate manager of media relations at Four Seasons. “We’ve created a new, easy-to-navigate environment that helps users find what they want, when they want it, and also invites browsing for unique news angles and creative story ideas.”
Introducing FS Weekly – and Other Ways to Get Four Seasons News Now
Every Tuesday, subscribers to the new FS Weekly will receive a concise digest of “Trending Now” and “Story Starters” – news hooks and other story angles - and the top news headlines of the week, all presented in a rich and colourful format, or for those who choose, in simple HTML. Access couldn’t be easier – simply add an email address to the sign up box on the homepage, and with one click FS Weekly will start arriving in one’s inbox by the following week.
Those who want to get the news in real time can follow @FourSeasonsPR for live updates. A live feed is located on the homepage, and specific Four Seasons hotels and resorts are easily followed through their social media feeds within their Press Kits, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Weibo where applicable.
More New Features
Visitors to the Press Room will find several new features and user-friendly enhancements to the most frequently accessed sections:
- More trend features and story ideas – Trending Now is an all-new feature that showcases the most creative ideas from around the world of Four Seasons. In addition, each property’s Press Kit now includes a Story Starters tab, offering up unique story angles in that destination. The Press Room now shows top stories from other Four Seasons sites including Four Seasons magazine and the Have Family Will Travel and Taste blogs – both on the homepage, and within each Press Kit.
- More images, more easily downloaded – In addition to highlighting the newest images on the homepage, each property’s Press Kit also includes a broad selection of images. Users can easily search by geography and topic in the dedicated Image Library section of the Press Room (linked from the top and bottom of every page) – and then download in a snap.
- Improved search – A customized search engine allows users to narrow down with easy-to-use topic and geographic menus, or enter keywords. Users can also find content in 13 languages – Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai and Russian - with more to come.
- Get in touch – A complete list of Press Contacts around the world is easily accessed, including corporate contact, direct contacts at each Four Seasons property, and a contact at each of the company’s regional PR agencies.
- Print it, download it, share it – PDFs, Word versions and printable formats are now offered at the top of each news release and other content on the new Press Room. In addition, social buttons at the top right allow users to share pages with their own networks instantly.
- Corporate press kit – In addition to full Press Kits for every Four Seasons property, the new corporate Press Kit includes Four Seasons news releases, recent Trending Now stories, backgrounders - including the Story of Four Seasons - executive bios and press contacts at Four Seasons corporate head office.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality. From elegant surroundings of the finest quality, to caring, highly personalized 24-hour service, Four Seasons embodies a true home away from home for those who know and appreciate the best. The deeply instilled Four Seasons culture is personified in its employees - people who share a single focus and are inspired to offer great service. Founded in 1960, Four Seasons has followed a targeted course of expansion, opening hotels and residences in major city centres and desirable resort destinations around the world. With 91 properties in 38 countries, and more than 60 projects under development, Four Seasons continues to lead the hospitality industry with innovative enhancements, making business travel easier and leisure travel more rewarding. 2013 Accolades include 22 AAA Five Diamond Awards, 31 properties included on the Condé Nast Traveler Gold List, 17 spas recognized on the Condé Nast Traveler Top Spas list, 32 U.S. News & World Report Gold and Silver Badge Winners, three Travel + Leisure Social Media in Travel and Tourism (SMITTY) Awards, including Best Hotel Chain, 16 properties included in Robb Report’s Top 100 Hotels list and six Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards. For more information on Four Seasons, visit http://press.fourseasons.com and follow on Twitter at @FourSeasonsPR