Spooktacular Haunted Hotel is revealed at IMG Worlds of Adventure
The new Haunted Hotel launches at IMG Worlds of Adventure, promising plenty of nightmares for anyone brave enough to stay…
18 May 2015
Dubai, UAE: Check-in is alarmingly fast, the service is awfully good, and the staff are hauntingly accommodating at The Haunted Hotel in IMG Worlds of Adventure, the world’s largest indoor theme park opening 15 August, 2016. But at least you won’t die of boredom…..
For those in search of something eerily different, The Haunted Hotel is a must visit for residents looking for a quick “staycation” and for tourists wanting something out of the ordinary. This unique property, owned by the Ilyas and Mustafa Galadari Group, guarantees a night you’ll never forget.
If you dare to book, visit www.IMGworlds.com. Once you check-in, you may never check-out!
Upon entering, guests are welcomed by a sickly stench that fills the air and can later enjoy the haunting soundtrack of hair-raising screams. Although they may try and grab your attention, mingling with other guests is not advised.
Brothers Jack and Scott Donavan manage this questionable establishment, taking extra special care of their victims, oops - we mean guests! Ultimately, this is the appeal of Dubai’s latest hotel – it is one long nightmare of distress and despair from the moment you arrive!
The Haunted Hotel is not the kind of place where you can expect fresh towels and luxury shampoos. Similarly, the food is a meat-lovers delight. Unethically sourced by the hotel’s butcher, every dish, once it arrives, looks horribly familiar…
Lennard Otto, Chief Executive Officer of IMG Worlds of Adventure, comments, “We are thrilled to be launching The Haunted Hotel, which will offer our guests a spine-tingling time, leaving lasting memories which they will hope to forget. Although there are hundreds of hotels close by, we wanted to do something different and the way the Donovan brothers like to run a business caught our attention. Their approach to hospitality is certainly not for the faint hearted.”
He added, tongue firmly in cheek, “As the guest experience is our number one priority for IMG Worlds of Adventure, we strongly advise you will be entering The Haunted Hotel at your own risk.”
About IMG Worlds of Adventure
IMG Worlds of Adventure will open in its entirety on 15th August, 2016, with the exception of the 12-screen Novo Cinema, which will open shortly thereafter. Tickets are currently available for online purchase on the website, www.IMGworlds.com, with adult ticket prices set at AED 300 and children at AED 250 for an all-day adventure offering access to over 20 signature rides and attractions, including live shows and a 5D cinema experience. The park will welcome over 30,000 visitors a day.
IMG Worlds of Adventure promises guests a remarkable immersive indoor theme park experience, bringing together the best international and local interactive entertainment and globally recognized characters and Super Heroes. There will be four unique worlds all under one roof, Cartoon Network and Marvel as well as the IMG Group original concept the Lost Valley-Dinosaur Adventure joined together by IMG Boulevard. The multi-billion dollar project is fully indoors and comprises four zones including 25 original retail concept stores, 28 immersive F&B outlets, over 1,600 employees and 4,500 parking spaces. IMG Worlds of Adventure is the first of the IMG Group’s planned developments in the leisure and entertainment industry with future expansion plans both locally and internationally.
IMG Worlds of Adventure: Key Facts
About the Park
· IMG Worlds of Adventure is the world’s largest indoor theme park, offering year-round entertainment, retail and dining experiences, and is wholly owned by the Ilyas & Mustafa Galadari Group
· IMG Worlds of Adventure will open on 15 August, 2016
· Entry will cost AED 300 for adults and AED 250 for children
· Tickets are on sale via the website www.IMGworlds.com
· The park contains four zones: MARVEL, Cartoon Network, Lost Valley – Dinosaur Adventure and IMG Boulevard spread over 1.5 million square feet in a temperature controlled environment for year-round entertainment
· Attractions include thrill rides and kiddie rides, 28 original food and beverage offerings, 25 retail outlets and a 12-screen state-of-the-art Novo Cinema multiplex with an IMAX screen and two VIP theatres
· IMG Worlds of Adventure can host 30,000 visitors a day and looks to welcome 4.5 million visitors in its first year of operation
· The 350,000 square foot MARVEL zone will offer a wide range of entertainment experiences from iconic MARVEL Super Heroes, including the unique ‘Avengers: Battle of Ultron’ ride, a stereoscopic 3D multimedia experience. Attractions will center around characters including Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Hulk, Thor and Captain America. The MARVEL name and characters have been licensed to IMG Theme Park L.L.C. by Marvel Entertainment.
· The Cartoon Network zone spans 230,000 square feet and will feature exclusive attractions including the first ever Ben 10 5D cinema, which will host up to 1,200 visitors an hour with an exclusive 10 minute 3D movie. Alongside the world’s largest Ben 10 retail store, the zone will incorporate the highly popular Cartoon Network brands LazyTown, Adventure Time, The Powerpuff Girls and The Amazing World of Gumball. The Cartoon Network name and characters have been licensed to IMG Theme Park L.L.C. by Turner CN Enterprises.
• The Lost Valley – Dinosaur Adventure zone has been developed uniquely for IMG Worlds of Adventure and will be the home to over 69 state-of-the-art animatronic dinosaurs. The largest of the four zones, it spans a massive 700,000 square feet, including the external coaster ‘The Velociraptor’, which propels guests to 100 km/h in 2.5 seconds and will be the tallest and fastest rollercoaster in Dubai.
• IMG Boulevard zone covers 200,000 square feet and features a diverse range of exciting attractions, including vast retail and dining selections, live entertainment and interactive experiences.
• The 28 food and beverage outlets include Arabic, European, American and Pan-Asian cuisines and all F&B outlets will be original themed concepts that offer a range of fine, casual and healthy dining choices.
• The park will contain 25 retail outlets, spanning a total of 73,000 square foot of retail development, and will house a spectacular offering of over 5,000 product lines including 60% original and bespoke gifts of toys, collectables, fashion and accessories.
· IMG Worlds of Adventure is located along Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, along Dubai’s growth corridor, one of the fastest emerging tourism hubs in Dubai.
· IMG Worlds of Adventure is located 20 minutes from both Dubai International Airport and Dubai World Central Al Maktoum International Airport, 20 minutes from Dubai Marina, 20 minutes from the Expo 20/20 site and 15 minutes from The Dubai Mall, making it easily accessible for both residents and tourists alike.
IMG Worlds of Adventure
A sneak preview of some of the signature rides and attractions soon to be enjoyed by visitors:
- Avengers Battle of Ultron: Guests can join Marvel’s Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Captain America and the Hulk as they take to the skies in the Quinjet to battle the evil villain Ultron. This highly immersive, action-packed ride is the first ‘dark’ ride for Avengers in the world.
- Hulk Epsilon Base 3D: A unique, first-of-its kind ride featuring Hulk as he battles against his deadliest foe – The Leader. This innovative, 100-seater ride system is the first-of- its-kind in the world and uses a combination of 360 degree projection screens and motion to virtually propel guests through an immersive battle scene experience.
- Spider-Man Doc Ock’s Revenge: This 400-meter spinning coaster will propel guests through the New York skyline with Marvel’s famous web-slinger Spider-Man, whilst he fights to save the city from the sinister Doctor Octopus.
- Thor Thunder Spin: For the most adventurous of guests, this dizzying top-spin experience will pin guests to their seat as Thor, the Mighty Avenger, attempts to rescue them from the clutches of Loki, God of Mischief.
- Avengers Flight of the Quinjets: This exciting ride is suitable for all ages and allows guests to take control of their own two-seater pod and join a challenging interactive flight race.
LOST VALLEY – DINOSAUR ADVENTURE ZONE
· The Velociraptor: Guests will blast off on this thrilling 1.1 km rollercoaster propelling them to speeds of up to 100 km in 2.5 seconds, launching them from the deep dark prehistoric jungles of the Lost Valley out into the Dubai desert and back.
· Forbidden Territory: Dinosaur enthusiasts will enjoy this deep jungle safari ride through the Forbidden Territory surrounded by 70 prehistoric, life-sized animatronic dinosaurs.
· Predator: For adrenaline junkies who have no fear, this experience is sure to get even their pulse racing. This unique ride offers thrill-seekers the sharpest drop track in the region, with a heart-stopping ‘beyond-vertical’ plummet to Earth.
· Dino Carousel: Take a spin with the friendlier inhabitants of the Lost Valley Dinosaur Adventure in a unique dinosaur themed carousel. This carousel features beautifully hand-carved dinosaurs and will be the first dinosaur-themed carousel in the world.
· Adventure Fortress: Guests who prefer more active participation will enjoy this adventure playground, located in the heart of the Lost Valley, offering a fun range of obstacles and physical challenges with ladders, tunnels, slides, bridges, nets and climbing adventures.
CARTOON NETWORK ZONE
· The Powerpuff Girls – Mojo Jojo’s Robot Rampage! Powerpuff Girls fans can ride with The Powerpuff Girls and help fight Mojo Jojo’s evil robot creation that is threatening the city to save the world before bedtime.
· Ben 10 5D Hero Time: Audiences will feel that they have been immersed in the midst of a real-life battle scene with Ben and Rook in this epic 5-D multi-sensory theatre that will set pulses racing!
· Adventure Time - The Ride of OOO with Finn & Jake: On this amazing overhead scenic ride around the park, guests can soar across the sky with Finn and Jake through retail and immersive themed F&B outlets in the magical land of Ooo.
· The Amazing Ride of Gumball: Fans can actually visit the town of Elmore where Gumball and Darwin’s school science project has gone out of control. Riders can enjoy this interactive remote game with their friends as they zap the objects that have come to life and are threatening to take over the town.
· LazyTown Playground and Live Stage Show: Active explorers can experience a challenging rope and ladder adventure in LazyTown. Or they can drop around the corner and enjoy amazing live-stage performances with Stephanie and entire Dance School while they explore Robbie Rotten’s secret lair!
IMG BOULEVARD ZONE
• IMG Boulevard: This is the bustling welcome zone of the park, offering guests and “chill-seekers” a chance to catch their breath with fantastic range of F&B offerings, or stroll through a unique collection of bespoke retail shops and emporiums, or simply sit back and enjoy the ambient street entertainers and performers.