Summer travel tips from flydubai
Summer travel tips from flydubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 11th June 2012: There is a lot to think about when planning your well-earned summer holiday: remember to pack those all-important essentials, leave enough time to get to the airport to check in and book the correct checked baggage allowance ahead of time. To help ensure you arrive at your destination as relaxed as possible, flydubai, Dubai’s innovative low-cost airline, has compiled some top tips for stress-free travel.
Planning your trip…
· Be adventurous and consider new and exciting holiday destinations. flydubai has more than 45 diverse destinations to choose from, including Baku in Azerbaijan, Tbilisi in Georgia and Yerevan in Armenia.
· If you have baggage to check in at the airport, make sure you book and pay for it online via flydubai.com at least four hours in advance of your flight. Whichever allowance you choose, whether it’s 20kg, 30kg or 40kg where available, make sure you stick to it, otherwise you will be charged at the per kilo airport rate, which can prove to be expensive. With flydubai you can divide the weight you’ve purchased by up to three bags per person – just make sure that no single item weighs more than 32kg.
· Plan ahead by logging on to flydubai.com prior to your date of travel and choosing where you want to sit from just AED 5. If you want a little more space, a seat with extra legroom can be selected for AED 100. If you don’t mind where you sit, flydubai will allocate you a seat at check in.
· If you want to hire a car at your destination, flydubai has teamed up with CarTrawler allowing passengers to book a vehicle and drive away for less, around the world. Log on to flydubai.com to find the best rates from more than 650 car rental companies across 35,000 cities and airports in 185 countries.
Packing your bags...
· If you plan on carrying only hand luggage on your flydubai flight, don’t forget that the limit is one item weighing no more than 7kg (plus a small handbag, purse or laptop bag), so pack light or be prepared to check in your excess luggage and pay the airport’s applicable per kilo rate.
Why not purchase some luggage scales from a department store for around AED 30 to make sure that you are not over your baggage allowance before you leave for the airport. The airport scales are accurate and regularly calibrated but at least this will prevent any major surprises.
· Buy small and save space! A lot of supermarkets and chemists sell miniature versions of your family’s favourite essentials such as shampoo and toothpaste, but remember not to carry liquids or any other prohibited item in your hand baggage
· Save weighing down your hand luggage by buying snacks onboard with flydubai, which offers combo meals from just AED 25 plus a range of drinks, sandwiches and other snacks.
· Please do not pack cooking oil, honey or other perishable items in your luggage as these can cause significant damage to your other personal belongings as well as those of your fellow passengers.
Making the most your journey...
· Avoid unnecessary stress by leaving enough time to get to flydubai’s base at Terminal 2. Traffic can be heavy during rush hour so don’t let this get your trip off to a stressful start. There is also a lot of construction work underway around Terminal 2 as we prepare for our future expansion, so please be aware that this can cause some disruption from time to time. We regret any inconvenience caused but we know you will love the end result!
· Make sure you are at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your flight, leaving enough time for some Duty Free shopping.
· If you are travelling with hand luggage, take advantage of flydubai’s express check-in desks, which offer a quicker and more convenient service, you will find them just inside the main entrance on the right hand side..
· Keep children entertained during the flight by packing a selection of their favourite toys. Alternatively, you can pay just AED 10 for the Basic in-flight entertainment package or for AED 30 you can have access to more than 500 hours of on-board entertainment, including family favourite TV shows, including Tom & Jerry and Baby Looney Tunes or films such as The Muppets & Happy Feet 2.
· Upload the latest holiday reads to your e-reader before you leave for the airport.
· Create a holiday playlist for your iPod when you are in transit. This will ensure you get into the holiday mood as soon as you arrive at your destination.
Established in March 2008, flydubai is Dubai’s first low-cost airline and the fastest growing start-up airline in the world. Since commencing operations in June 2009, the airline has established an operational route network of more than 45 destinations across GCC, Middle East, and North Africa, Indian Sub-Continent, Asia and Central & Eastern Europe and has built up a fleet of 23 aircraft. Owned by the government of Dubai, the low-cost carrier supports the city’s commercial and tourism sectors by serving all travellers and providing them with affordable air links to a range of destinations. The airline is dedicated to quality service and comfortable travel, lowering costs by optimising operational efficiencies and offering the passenger more choice.
For more information about flydubai services, please visit www.flydubai.com or contact the call centre (+9714 231 1000) or travel partners.