TAJ HOTELS RESORTS AND PALACES UNVEILS NEW WEBSITE TO ENHANCE GUEST EXPERIENCE
Click www.tajhotels.com to discover more
UAE, 31 May 2016: Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces has launched a new revamped version of its website with the goal of enhancing the guest experience right from the time they start planning their travel. Designed with the signature Taj touch, the new www.tajhotels.com is insightful, engaging and experiential to inspire travel and deliver superior ease of use for travelers.
The destination-led user experience not only foregrounds unique stories from Taj hotels and destinations, but also integrates unbiased reviews from TripAdvisor and authentic traveler recommendations to inform and inspire the site visitors. Its evocative content aims to create visual journeys to enchanting destinations that will also convert travelers’ browsing into bookings.
“Innovation will be at the heart of the digital transformation at Taj and we will continue to strive to improve the guest experience both online and at our hotels” said Chinmai Sharma, Chief Revenue Officer, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces. “Taj Hotels has been operating world class hotels in key destinations for over a century. We are now taking that experience online by providing stunning destination and hotel content to our guests across all platforms and devices in order to inspire travel. With the launch of the new website we have also attempted to translate the unique ‘Tajness’ experience offered at our hotels on to the users’ screen in an intuitive fashion. Initial results of the new website have been very encouraging as the bounce rates have gone down, time spent on site has gone up and we have seen a healthy increase of more than 30% in booking volume since go-live.”
Key features of the new www.tajhotels.com, include:
· Travel inspiration at the click of a button: Guests can discover their destination of choice via the website. Each destination page details the key upcoming local events, travel tips and tricks, shopping spots, weather widgets, all illustrated with stunning and relevant local content to rouse wanderlust.
· Faster booking experience: Easily accessible booking widget makes it easier for guests to make online bookings using secure electronic payment options. Booking a table online at some of the Taj signature restaurants is now easier than ever.
· Responsive design: Full optimisation for mobile devices, tablets and desktops for a seamless browsing experience.
· Transparent hotel reviews upfront: Integration with TripAdvisor reviews to give users direct access to authentic and unbiased user reviews and ratings.
· Inspiring the social traveler: Hotel pages have social share plug-ins for easy content-sharing.
· 24X7 immediate access to assistance: The website includes Click to Chat or Call back options, to offer convenience for all our guests around the world.
· Enhanced benefits: No hidden charges, best availability of rooms and suites, Taj InnerCircle loyalty points and enhanced complimentary Wi-Fi plan are just a few of the enhanced benefits.
· Best Rate Guarantee: Guests will be guaranteed the best online rate available. In the unlikely event a lower online rate is found on another channel, Taj will match the lower rate along with an additional 10% discount once the claim is validated as per the program terms.
The thoughtful new design is reflective of the Taj brand in a way that it is true to its heritage, yet highly dynamic and relevant to the evolving guests. All brands are now housed on the main website revealing the unique brand attributes and vibrancy of Taj, Vivanta by Taj and Gateway Hotels and Resorts. The site also has a section for MICE services making it very easy for conference and seminar organizers to plan and book events. In addition, the site uses best in class partners and technology like the Adobe Experience Manager for integrated online marketing and web analytics and Amazon Cloud services to ensure seamless user experience around the globe for our guests.
The next phase of updates to the website will include redesigned Jiva Spa and Taj Holidays microsites. Taj is also developing a mobile app for Android and iOS users which will provide guests with additional features and benefits especially for the Taj InnerCircle members.
About Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces
Established in 1901, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia's largest and finest group of hotels, comprising 99 hotels in 62 locations across the globe, including presence in India, North America, United Kingdom, Africa, Middle East, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bhutan and Nepal. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Grand Palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. For over a century, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, the iconic flagship has set a benchmark for fine living with exquisite refinement, inventiveness and warmth. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India’s premier business house.